a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Built-In Player, functionality upgrade

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

leonid19959277797
New in Town

Built-In Player, functionality upgrade

Postby leonid19959277797 » December 17th, 2012 12:42 am

Coming to this website from its channel on Youtube, I found the change in convenience to be drastic.

On Youtube, I was able to use the Left arrow key to rewind to an earlier point, to hear a certain pronunciation or to see a certain stroke order for a second time.

I was also able to pause the video with the Spacebar on my keyboard when I needed time to take notes in Real Life.

I also often changed the audio depending on the circumstances.

However, the built-in player website requires me to use the mouse for both pausing/continuing the video, as well as to rewind.

I also seem to be unable to change the volume levels in the player; only to mute/unmute.

Now, I know I can adapt and bear with it, and I will, because for the time being, this is my best way to learn Japanese... It will be significantly less convenient however, than the initial videos which made me come here in the first place. And I'm also one of the more addictive types; (someone else would simply either quit or continue searching for their favorite way to learn, while I stopped here).

Those seem to be some really basic features, yet they are missing.
I'm simply asking for them as I discover they're missing, to my inconvenience.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: Built-In Player, functionality upgrade

Postby Jessi » December 17th, 2012 8:13 am

Hello leonid,
Thank you very much for your feedback on the video experience on our website!
I've forwarded your feedback to both the technical team as well as the video team for JPOD, as I think your feedback will be helpful to both groups. We will look into the possibility of upgrading the player with the features you mention.
Thanks for giving us your feedback!

Jessi
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: Built-In Player, functionality upgrade

Postby Jessi » December 19th, 2012 9:33 am

Hello again,
It turns out the team is in the early stages of redesigning the lesson pages and media player, so this is definitely our to-do list. The changes won't take place right away, but please rest assured that we will be taking your consideration into feedback when we update the player.

Thank you again!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Return to “Feature Requests”