Or sign up using Facebook

No buttom to return to main forum page

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

choneb9359
Been Around a Bit

No buttom to return to main forum page

Postby choneb9359 » September 28th, 2012 2:00 am

Hello!

Just noticed another thing with the new forum layout. Once you entered into a subtopic, such as "Feature Request" or "Learn all about Japanese", there isn't a button for you to go back to the main forum page, like there used to be in the previous layout. Instead, I had to go up to "Community" bar and click on "Forum".

This is not that big a deal, but it would be easier to navigate the forum if there was a button to go back to the main page.

Thank you for your time :mrgreen:

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: No buttom to return to main forum page

Postby mmmason8967 » September 28th, 2012 6:29 am

There's a link that says "Return to Board index" below the list of messages. It's on the left and just below the "New Topic" button.

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
choneb9359
Been Around a Bit

Postby choneb9359 » September 29th, 2012 1:58 am

Hi mmmason8967 san!

Thanks for the reply.

I only just saw it :) ! But the problem with that though is that you have to scroll down all the way to the bottom to go back to the main page, and different page has more content thant another, making it longer. It'd be good if we could have one on the top as well, the way the previous one used to have. Honestly though, we don't often read the whole page of stuff in forums unless we are really absorbed by the content. A "return to main page" button will make a "quick get away" :lol:

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » September 29th, 2012 7:46 am

I agree. After using the new layout for a couple of days I am finding the lack of a button at the top of the page to be rather annoying.

When you are reading the actual messages, it's convenient to have a link at the bottom as you naturally tend to be at the bottom of the page when you have finished reading. That button takes you back to the top of the forum page; if you've finished reading new messages, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find the link back to the board index.

It would be nicer to have a "Return to XXXXX" button at the top of each page as well as at the bottom.

マイケル

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » October 2nd, 2012 7:22 pm

...and, as if by magic, we've now got a very nice block of useful links at the top of every page!

:oiwai:

The changes that the JP101 developers have rolled out since the weekend are very good and have made everything work more slickly. I think my favourite update is that there's no longer a separate sign-in for the forums: personally, I'm finding that change very convenient!

マイケル

choneb9359
Been Around a Bit

Postby choneb9359 » October 3rd, 2012 8:54 am

mmmason8967 san you beaten me to the punch!! :P

Yea, I'm really liking the block at the top of the page!!

Thank you JP101 team, this shows that you care about your members. As a result, your members will also care about you! :D

Regards,
Chone

Return to “Feature Requests”