a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Multiple "My Feeds"

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

boku1571
Been Around a Bit

Multiple "My Feeds"

Postby boku1571 » December 23rd, 2011 7:08 pm

I use DoggCatcher on my Android device to listen to the audio lessons... However, one thing really bugs me. There are a few different feeds I'd like to listen to, but with the My Feed tool you can only have a SINGLE feed.... so you have to go all or nothing.

The problem is, it's very bad for organization! I'd like to be able to have a separate premium feed for, say, Beginner Season 1, than from the Japanese Culture Classes. Currently if you want those on Mobile, you have to add BOTH to your feed!

Unfortunately, if you change your "My Feed" options, it INVALIDATES the old feed - so that you can no longer download from that feed URL. The ONLY way to have multiple feeds is to download EVERYTHING from each feed before you change it to the NEXT feed and download EVERYTHING again... obviously that's bad for both JapanesePod101's bandwidth (people leeching an entire series all at once), as well as storage space, as there wouldn't be enough space on the typical phone!

I've noticed that the "My Feed" URL doesn't really change if you don't change your personal Unique Name - it only changes based on what checkboxes you have selected. It *isn't* random, so the system should be able to recognize your personal Unique Name and give you whatever feed you've linked to.

What I'd like to see then is the ability to access multiple My Feed URLs that each have your own Unique Name identifier in them.

This would allow users to organize feeds appropriately in their podcatcher, see when updates are added to each feed separately, and not have to LEECH everything before changing the feed to a new one.

The way it is now, I'm being encouraged to leech the entire site to my computer so I can actually *organize* this stuff in a way that makes sense... it would be MUCH easier though, if there were only the ability to have multiple My Feeds.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 4th, 2012 2:28 am

Hi boku,
Thanks for posting!
The way the MyFeeds are set up, you are able to create and maintain multiple MyFeeds.
You just need to go to this MyFeed setup page and fill out the information for each separate feed that you would like:
http://www.japanesepod101.com/learningc ... unt/myfeed
However, please note that once you set up a MyFeed, you are unable to make changes to it afterwards.

I hope this helps, but if I have misinterpreted something in your post, please let me know. :ue:
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”