a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Integrated App

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

vbalani
New in Town

Integrated App

Postby vbalani » January 18th, 2011 1:38 am

what I would LOVE to see, is an Integrated app. Especially with the screen size of the Ipad! Whilst the downloadable apps are good, I find the 25 lesson sets annoying to be frank. I feel like I'm learning Japanese from 3 different teachers with things overlapping, and quickly beccoming irrelevant, annoying and tedious. One for the podcasts/website, one for kanji and one for the app. what I'd love to see is the acessibility of the website ported over to an app (and yes I'd be willing to pay for that). I'd love to be out on the go, and actually download the podcasts and lesson notes from WITHIN the app itself so that its all together. when transferring it via itunes it gets mixed up with my music, or some of the pdf's go missing. Aditionally this would also help keep it all "together" when out and about. What would be even more amazing is kanji & Wordbank integration with the lessons as you download them. I dont know, it seems like a very obvious solution and I'm left wondering why it hasnt been done yet. I'd take it on myself if I had such a variety of experience and backlog of lessons. Or if Japanesepod offered some kind of API, but alas, the best I can do is put the idea out there and hope it gets taken up!

Prichan5515
New in Town

Re: Integrated App

Postby Prichan5515 » September 27th, 2012 11:24 pm

I totally agree with the idea of having and app that could actually save me from all the work of having to organize everything from my pc to my mobile devices. I used to access the free podcasts from the itouch, but then i decided to buy an Ipad, and get the premium account. I thought it would be perfect, but in the Ipad, things get worse when the pdf files go to one place, while the audio lessons go to another. I can't find a good way to keep track of which lessons i've completed, and what's yet to complete, unless I keep on using mainly my pc. It's been such a headache to organize everything! Plus, I'm already a premium member, and the website keeps offering me an upgrade!
When I purchased the premium account, an integrated app was so obvious to me that I was really surprised that japanesepod101, being such an amazing resource, hadn't that figured out already!
I hope there's a better way to organize things, but I'm still trying to find that out.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”