Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

bringing back functionality to lifetime accounts?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

theandiej
New in Town

bringing back functionality to lifetime accounts?

Postby theandiej » November 2nd, 2010 7:06 am

so I don't log on for a couple of weeks and not only is the site so turned around that it took me a LONG time to even find what I was looking for, I now am completely unable to listen to lessons on the website. how do you guys expect people to get caught up to the current lessons (i.e. the only down-loadable ones) if you completely deny them access on the "free lifetime account" what is the point of this account now? there is absolutely nothing I can do except for listen to lessons that I'm getting nothing out of because they are WAY too advanced for me.

how do you expect anyone to want to pay to join if you don't give then anything to even show them you guys are good?!
as for myself I don't have the ability to pay right now for anything, each time it seems I see "ooh act now such-and-such-membership is only $15 a month" or whatever it is, I scrape it together, barely, go and try to buy myself a month since it's a good deal and find that the only possibility is to buy a whole year.

where did the "lifetime account" functionality go?
why do you think denying us more will make us consumers more likely to pay for more. I don't know about other people but it makes me want to buy it less rather than more.

you guys should seriously think over your strategies in trying to bring in customers.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » November 8th, 2010 8:26 am

Hi theandiej,
Thanks for posting! On the "public" interface, we now require all users to be logged in to the site with their Free Account in order to access even the Free Audio. If a user is not logged in, they will be prompted to sign up for a Free Lifetime Account or to Log In if they have one already. So basically, if you log in to the site from the header using your Free Lifetime Account username and password, you should be able to access all of the free media.
I hope this helps :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”