a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Android

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

f16freek7756
New in Town

Android

Postby f16freek7756 » September 27th, 2010 2:58 pm

I really enjoy your podcasts but getting them is a pain in the rear, even with a paid account. I would really appreciate an easy way to access the lessons from my Android phone directly via an app so I can grab a new lesson when I'm on the go. If you could make this happen I would be ecstatic and without a doubt reactivate my account.

psz01
Been Around a Bit

Postby psz01 » October 3rd, 2010 1:17 pm

Grab a PodCatcher (I use BeyondPod, but there are dozens out there).

The only thing to make sure of is that it supports Secure Login/User Names.

I found some REALLY great PodCatchers for Android that just don't let you log in, making them useless for the Premium Feed and MyFeed.

Get 40% OFF
psz01
Been Around a Bit

Postby psz01 » November 10th, 2010 2:48 am

As an update: Android 2.2 has an Adobe Flash app in the Marketplace. This alows you to use the website as if you were on a PC: you can just click Play on a lesson, and it plays. No extra downloads or steps needed.

I still recomend BeyondPod as a PodCatcher.

boku1571
Been Around a Bit

Postby boku1571 » February 22nd, 2011 8:44 am

Doggcatcher allows you to login properly, so that problem is solved. The only issue I have is that it is very difficult to browse the feeds from Android, and difficult to access the learning resources. Android users pay the SAME AMOUNT to use this service as do iOs users, there should be an Android app by now.

Besides, with Apple's new changes to the App Store, JPOD101 will have to give 30% of all subscription fees to Apple if they continue to offer iPhone apps. Very good reason to move to Android!

Return to “Feature Requests”