a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji Close-Up, stroke order

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Sableriyo
New in Town

Kanji Close-Up, stroke order

Postby Sableriyo » July 15th, 2010 7:16 pm

Hello, I'm new to the site, although I do have some previous experience with learning Japanese. I'm starting from the bottom and working my way back up since its been a few years since I seriously practiced the language.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that it might be nice if the proper stroke order was included on the Kanji Close-Up practice sheet.

peachrules
Been Around a Bit

Postby peachrules » July 16th, 2010 10:30 pm

I agree. That wouldn't be difficult at all to add. Time comsuming, but not too difficult.

Get 40% OFF
Sableriyo
New in Town

Postby Sableriyo » July 17th, 2010 3:06 am

Considering how many practice sheet files they must already have, yes it would be time consuming. But the order you make the strokes in does make a difference in the final appearance of the kanji. When I first started to learn, I think the workbook I had to work with had a similar set up of boxs, but it also broke the kanji down into strokes step by step so you knew which stroke to do first and so on. I'm having some trouble remembering the stroke order now though since its been a few years.

At the very least I think they should include stroke order with the lower lesson levels. Once you get more used to kanji I think you would be able to make the proper assumptions on what order to do the strokes in based on the radicals that the kanji are composed of.

pilgrimpictures
New in Town

Stroke order

Postby pilgrimpictures » September 5th, 2010 11:21 pm

Stroke order laid out in a progressive iconography is a must, imo, not just for Kanji but for kana.

mintyfresh5420
New in Town

Postby mintyfresh5420 » September 23rd, 2010 4:35 pm

I agree. I really need to see the stroke order in the practice sheets. Please add them if you can.

tanitayou
Been Around a Bit

Postby tanitayou » September 24th, 2010 8:59 am

I agree, too. When I find a kanji I do not know at all, I must find stroke order on dictionary or on you page for kanji, but it is really a waste of time. Could you kindly add it on practice sheets? Thank you

Return to “Feature Requests”