a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji and Kana in iPod Transcripts

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Dariat
Been Around a Bit

Kanji and Kana in iPod Transcripts

Postby Dariat » June 22nd, 2009 6:55 am

When listening to the Beginner and Newbie lessons on my iPod, I press the centre button a few times to see the transcript, but it is always just in Romaji. Would it be possible to also put the Kana and Kanji transcripts in there? I think it would be only beneficial my learning process if I started to practise reading Kana and Kanji right from the beginning.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 22nd, 2009 7:30 am

All of us have been after the powers that be to change to kana. I guess it's fallen on deaf ears, and also it would be too much to go back and add everything from 2005 to now.

It's unfortunate that people have resorted to using romaji for everything. It doesn't do anyone any good. I even have some excellent grammar dictionaries that have romaji in it. They do have the normal Japanese, so I use the romaji as a basis to read the kanji. :D

Grin and bear the ignorance that romaji was used, but keep up your studies to learn real Japanese!

Get 40% OFF
Dariat
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dariat » June 22nd, 2009 9:05 am

I understand that it's not feasible to add Kana transcripts to all lessons ever recorded, but I would already be satisfied if they started doing it from now on. And it's not like you can only have one without the other. It sure wouldn't hurt to include kanji, kana, AND romaji transcripts. That way, everyone would be happy, right?

Is there a particular reason why we are denied kana transcripts?

Dariat
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dariat » June 29th, 2009 4:09 am

Oh, I just noticed Beginner Lesson S4 #50 had Kanji and Kana transcripts. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. (I take it that wasn't accidental).

cheeta12
New in Town

Comment

Postby cheeta12 » April 21st, 2010 7:09 am

Surprised To be social is very positive aspect in this age of materialism. Life is moving very fast and embedded with full luxuries. In this fast life mcse is too facilitating for your comfort and minimizing all tensions.Believe me friends i am much excited to join this great community set up and i hope no one can ignore its dignity. To be social is really great deed. Any how, i am very fond of swimming and most of my time spent at Dubai beaches. Just after my project i will discuss with you and share some my beautiful experiences. :D

john10074
New in Town

Postby john10074 » May 6th, 2010 6:27 am

m not the type of guy to look at my past and wish I could be back there. By and large, I'm happy where I am right now, student loan despite the Minnesota Wild continuing to choke in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (something is most certainly rotten in the State of Hockey). However, I do sometimes lament the fact that real estate agent today's technology wasn't available to me when I had the time, ambition and friends required to have myself some good adventures. Add to this list, now, the combination of a MacBook and MacJournal 5, because the two work perfectly for the young Mac user living the type of adventure worthy of documenting.That's not to say MacJournal's not useful for everyone else, of course. I've used it quite effectively for organizing my stories and ideas for a while now, and it's become an important mortgage rate part of my writing process. For each project on which I'm working, I create a journal entry of ideas, snippets of dialogue, etc. I also have a journal of good bits that don't necessarily have a home yet, and one specifically for where I have used ideas home mortgage I like. The latter is tremendously helpful for making sure I don't use the same joke twice, for example, or for determining whether I can because the first use will fade into oblivion.

Return to “Feature Requests”