a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Numbering the Stroke Order for Newbie Kanji Close Up

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Yukiko05
New in Town

Numbering the Stroke Order for Newbie Kanji Close Up

Postby Yukiko05 » June 7th, 2009 2:08 am

Hello everyone, I hope you all are well.

I just got my nerve up to start diving into the Kanji! :D
However, when I went to the Kanji close up practice page, I couldn't figure out which line I should draw first :cry:
Maybe numbering the stroke order for the Newbies and beginners might be a good idea :?: What do you think?

Yukiko

liam
New in Town

Postby liam » June 7th, 2009 3:20 am

Get 40% OFF
hatch_jp
Expert on Something

Postby hatch_jp » June 8th, 2009 10:52 am

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » June 8th, 2009 9:35 pm

I don't remember what thread this was on, but whoever posted it first deserves some major kudos:

http://sites.google.com/site/nihilistorguk/

It's a kanji stroke order font-- once you have it you'll wonder what you did without it. It even includes order for characters such as and . I have Anki set to use this by default.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Duality
New in Town

Postby Duality » July 10th, 2009 8:29 am

Oh my god, I was just going to post this. I sent an email off with feedback about this yesterday.

JapanesePod101.com has been amazing thus far (I'm new!) but this is such a glaring omission I felt it had to be noted... I can hardly practice writing if I don't know the stroke orders! Worst of all, I've had reeeeeaaally bad luck with finding any free stroke order sites, though I'll check out the ones people have posted here.

For example, the first Kanji I looked up was the 'Kan' in 'Kanpai' from the first introductory episode. This is the episode that is *suggested* for true newbies to do first... Yet this kanji doesn't have any written stroke order and so I'm stuck! Repeat this situation for every lesson since! I'm wondering if I should even continue because now I don't know kanji, and I really want to.

Sadly, the talking dictionary app doesn't have the animation for this kanji either... Which is something I also can't understand.

Sooo yeah... Do any mods or similar have any information available about this? I'm finding it to be a serious problem.

Return to “Feature Requests”