a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Export my word bank

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Wasabi
New in Town

Export my word bank

Postby Wasabi » March 23rd, 2009 8:46 pm

It would be great if you could add an expot function to "my word bank".
Then it would be so much easier to review the words.

I especially recommend Anki

mmccool
New in Town

Yes please: Anki sync!

Postby mmccool » April 8th, 2009 10:34 pm

I agree. I use anki every day to review, and I think an SRS is indispensible. The online flashcards are good basic tests, but I *really* want to put all my vocab, kanji, and sentence reviews into a real SRS that I can use offline. I often need to review on the plane or when otherwise offline while travelling.

At the same time, I really appreciate the effort that seems to have gone into the native speaker audio in this site. Since anki has online decks, what I *really* want is not the ability to export, but the abilty to "sync" the word deck maintained on this site as an anki deck, *along with the media* (so I can practice recognition by sound, too).

I should mention that I'm not yet a member of this site. I'm still in the trial period and evaluating. I'll *probably* sign up, but being unable to integrate the content with my SRS regimen is certainly making me hesitate. If it was integrated it would be a no-brainer...

Get 40% OFF
mmccool
New in Town

iPod SRS

Postby mmccool » April 8th, 2009 11:55 pm

Hmm... I do see there are some iTouch/iPhone apps available that look a bit like SRSs. I'll have to try them out.

Still, I like Anki since I can add my own material easily, with a real keyboard. Half the benefit of using an SRS is the learning that goes on when you have to make your own cards :P.

Even if there was a way to download individual per-word and per-sentence audio clips rather than just play them (so I could stick them into my own decks manually) I'd be happy!

どうも有賀とうございます

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » May 7th, 2009 10:34 am

Actually if you do a "printer friendly format" and then do a "save as..." into a text file, you can then open the file into Excel or another spreadsheet. Excel allows you to separate the fields, just like on the web page, but you'll have to check to see if it did it correctly.

After you clean it up, you can then save it into a format your flashcard program can open. Usually it should be a comma delimited file.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 6th, 2011 7:14 am

Hello, and thank you for your feedback!
We have received a lot of similar feedback regarding our WordBank, and we have just recently given the WordBank a major overhaul :)
We have included the ability to group words into lists, export your wordbank, change display settings, and much more!
You can find a complete explanation of the new features here:

http://blogs.japanesepod101.com/blog/20 ... ancements/

We hope you enjoy the new features - please feel free to leave us any feedback you may have 8)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Return to “Feature Requests”