Photos of the JPOD team

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Liz21
Expert on Something

Photos of the JPOD team

Postby Liz21 » June 30th, 2006 11:53 am

OK, I've asked nicely, but now I'm getting tough. :twisted:

Q:
How hard is it to take a digital camera, take a few photos of Natsuko-san, Yoshi-san and everyone and post them in the BLOG section?

A: It's not hard. I have done it a hundreds of times myself!

Yes, I know the JPOD team is extremely busy, but it would mean a lot to the listeners and many people have requested it.

metablue
Expert on Something

Postby metablue » June 30th, 2006 5:54 pm

Yes please. Photos onegaishimasu.

Get 40% OFF
tarokun
Been Around a Bit

Postby tarokun » July 1st, 2006 12:17 am

Oh you guys are so still stuck at the second stage: Anger.

I myself have already moved on to the fifth stage: Acceptance.

I've accepted that it's better if I don't know what they look like, but instead let my imagination play its best with the voices.

It's actually better this way, kana-kana. Reality usually disappoints, but imagination on the other hand has a way to conjure up the best scenario, however remote from reality it may be, perhaps as a way to preserve the sanity of our mind.

So folks, just move on. Let their faces be whatever their voices have conjured up in your minds. Then find something else to do. You'll be happier this way. :D
Last edited by tarokun on July 1st, 2006 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
かなりの偏食なのでいろいろありすぎ。

metablue
Expert on Something

Postby metablue » July 1st, 2006 1:30 am

You mean Peter isn't really Johnny Depp's long lost younger twin brother?? :cry:

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » July 1st, 2006 1:34 am

Wow, tarokun-san, (love your moniker, by the way!) you came down pretty hard on me!!
I'm not angry, really! :P
The jpod people did say they would post their photos. I'm just trying to nudge them a little. There already is a group photo of them on the Blog section, so they aren't breaking precedent. A lot of people do want the photos because they said so on the Comments. Anyway, ganbatte!!

metablue
Expert on Something

Postby metablue » July 1st, 2006 1:39 am

Me too. I'm just hopeful. Liz, in another thread there's a link to some video from the Mac users thingie they did a few months ago. A few of them are there. They're all pretty cute too!

http://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=295

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » July 1st, 2006 1:41 am

Metablue-san,
I saw a still photo from the Mac Users thing. Was there a video? I don't have time to look now. I'm going to watch a Japanese language video with my husband (who knows no Japanese but tolerates my rabid interest). I got it from my public library -- The Pillow Book, directed by Peter Greenaway.
Bye for now.

mark
New in Town

Postby mark » July 1st, 2006 2:16 am

Apparently so - there was a link in the thread Metablue-san posted. Arigato Metablue-san!

I'll post it in here again for the lazy :D

http://www.ringo.net/meetings/2006-03.html

metablue
Expert on Something

Postby metablue » July 1st, 2006 2:48 am

Yes, sorry, I should have just posted the link directly. And guess who started that thread. Taro-san! I guess that was back before he attained his state of acceptance.

It's not just one video, but three! The videos are of the Mac presentation with Peter, Sakura, Takase (but she uses her first name), Jonas, and David. In one of them they play a promotional video with some more of the staff introducing themselves. But it is pretty old, so you only see the people who have been there from the beginning. No Yoshi, for example. I don't think any of the Japanese men are on it. You can see Kazunori in one of the video podcast episodes though. By the way ... where did he go?

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » July 1st, 2006 4:08 am

Mark-san, Metablue-san,
Doumo arigato gozaimashita!!
I don't know why I didn't see these links before!

I clicked on them and they are taking a looooong time to load............ :shock:

Anyway, thanks!

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » July 4th, 2006 8:35 pm

Yes, the links mentioned above did work after loading in. Nice video of Peter and others explaining some things about our beloved podcast!
Still need a photo of Yoshi, for example.

KeithH
Been Around a Bit

Postby KeithH » July 12th, 2006 3:41 pm

Remember, in Japan, ignoring a request is also a common way of politely refusing said request. However, in this case, I feel inclined to use the stereotype of the pushy foreigner to best purpose. So, photos please!

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » July 12th, 2006 5:44 pm

Keith-san,
Thanks so much for this note! I did not know that about Japanese people! I'm sure that tip will help me out in a lot of situations, some of which I have already encountered in my relationships with Japanese friends.
Yay for pushy foreigner, though, in regard to photos!!

digitaljo
Been Around a Bit

Postby digitaljo » July 15th, 2006 10:16 pm

I have an idea, what if they combined the idea of the fukuwarai (go to: Japanese Culture Class #20 - Japanese Games Part II for more information on fukuwarai) and Jpod cast's pictures. So what do you think? :D

racum
Been Around a Bit

Postby racum » August 12th, 2006 7:53 am

First things first: This is my 1st post in the forum! ...1st of many, i hope!

Now, I have own picture of the JPod101 team, I took in May when I and friend visit their office in Akasaka during our trip, take a look:

http://racum.net/images/jpod101.jpg

I am the guy wearing a yellow t-shit, and my friend (Renato Wada) is the one in white. The others are JPod101 team, I thing you need no subtitles!! :)

[]'s
Ronaldo

Return to “Feature Requests”