a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Loggins and new languages

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

binz
Been Around a Bit

Loggins and new languages

Postby binz » October 29th, 2008 5:40 pm

Tried to loggin to another language on languagepod the other day and turns out I had to re-register if I wanted to use another part of the site! Any plans to merge all the language pod sites together so we can use the same login for all of them?

Also, any sign of chinese joining the list of languages? I have tried one or two other chinese podcasts on the web, but J-Pod has completely spoiled me; they just don't have the production values/ great cast that J-Pod has! :D

binz
Been Around a Bit

Postby binz » November 12th, 2008 7:04 pm

Anyone? :lol:

Get 32% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » November 12th, 2008 8:39 pm

Somehow I failed to notice your first post. Since no one else has responded I will:

Although I'm not an admin here, I do have experience working with databases and forums, and can tell you that the prospect having to merge that many user tables together and still have each of the forums work properly with their own databases is quite a frightening one indeed. When you have this many users, you also need to be thinking about table synchronization across multiple servers... with as many variables as there are flying around on a forum like this, it would be really easy to break something in the process. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but unless JPod is running their own custom forum software and know its code in and out, I wouldn't expect anyone to want to tackle this in the near future.

I could be wrong. Maybe there are magicians working at JPod who live for doing stuff like this.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

binz
Been Around a Bit

Postby binz » November 14th, 2008 2:45 pm

Well that's understandable, I don't know anything about web design myself :)

Anyone hear of any plans for languagepod to start a chinese podcast?

Return to “Feature Requests”