a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hiding Romaji/Hiragana on Vocab lists?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

bloritsch
Been Around a Bit

Hiding Romaji/Hiragana on Vocab lists?

Postby bloritsch » July 17th, 2008 11:59 am

When I'm going over the vocabulary for a lesson, I want to try to get used to reading the hiragana. Unfortunately, because the romaji is right there, I find my eye wandering over to it so easily. Yet, at the same time I don't want to get rid of the romaji column altogether so that if I get stuck I have a way to get unstuck.

What I think would be a really cool feature would be to be able to toggle the romaji column on any given vocabulary page so that it is not in my face. On the same token, once I get the proper hiragana pronunciation, I'd like to toggle that column off as well so that I can get used to the proper spelling.

Once I get proficient with the hiragana and katakana, I'd like to be able to have a preference to default the romaji to not be displayed. That way, when I come to the vocabulary page I won't see romaji at all unless I feel like I need to for some reason.

I still need to refer to it from time to time, but with it right in my face I rely on it too much.

dat5h
Been Around a Bit

Postby dat5h » July 17th, 2008 7:04 pm

If you go into the learning center. You can do lesson specific vocabulary/kanji flash cards. This could be what you are thinking about.
デレック
Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS

Return to “Feature Requests”