Or sign up using Facebook

Transcripts in HTML too

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

skrba
Been Around a Bit

Transcripts in HTML too

Postby skrba » June 17th, 2008 7:20 am

Hi all,

I have a suggestion for Jpod team to really help improving users' reading skills. Now almost all texts are delivered in PDF and that is nice but if we wish to search for a word in dictionary, it's taking us away from the text for a moment until type it and then again to catch the meaning that were reading and so on. If you could publish at least the transcripts (if can the whole PDF contents too, great!) in pure HTML like in Miki's blog, so we can very quickly read it with Mozilla's plugin Rikaichan and it will really boost up readers kanji knowledge.

I am sure this is technically a piece of cake, so please consider about including it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » June 17th, 2008 11:08 am

actually, you can already do this in the premium learning center if you go to the line-by-line transcript. there you can use rikai-chan to skim the text. :D

as for HTML transcripts. something similar to this is also in the works.
i'm not a programmer, so i'm not sure how easy or difficult it is. but have no fear, something similar will be implemented down the road in the learning ccenter. 8)
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Join by May 6th
skrba
Been Around a Bit

Postby skrba » June 17th, 2008 1:03 pm

Didn't notice before, thanks ! :D

As many people are preparing for JLPT (all levels) we will appreciate very much any useful features as soon as Jpod is able to provide them. 頑張ってね :)

Return to “Feature Requests”