a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Audio lesson downloading

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Hamiltoons
New in Town

Audio lesson downloading

Postby Hamiltoons » June 13th, 2008 3:09 pm

I currently only see two options to download the lessons. THey are by feed or right clicking on the audio link and "Save target as..". This is tedious. I like to just turn on the lessons and then let them run. With the feed the lessons are in reverse order from most current descending.

Is there a possiblity that each section of lessons could be combined into a zip file OR enable us to download a section of lessons as mp3s instead of as an RSS feed to the iPOD? And if not is there a way to re-order them so that they play sequentially from oldest to newest?

Thanks much!

Hamiltoons
New in Town

Postby Hamiltoons » September 4th, 2008 10:08 pm

Question again. Would it be possible in the foreseeable future to enable users to download the audio lessons by file name and not by podcast feed? I have to click --> save each file individivually so that they are on my ipod in order from 1 - 195 for Beginner lessons for example.

Just using the feed has you starting from 195 to 1 and going backwards isn't a good learning tool. Also, podcasts don't run concurrently so after each one you have to click on the next.

If I save them to my drive, add the folder to my sync then it loads them in order by file name and I can listen without having to touch the ipod until the last lesson plays.

Arigato!!

Get 32% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Aristy
New in Town

Postby Aristy » September 5th, 2008 11:27 pm

Hamiltoons,

Until they offer the possibility of re-ordering the files, here's a workaround I did:

1. Create a new Playlist on iTunes
2. Add the set of podcasts that you are interested in, for example, all of the beginner lessons to this playlist.
3. If you don't see the column header "Release Date", add it by right-clicking on the header of any column that it's already there ("Name" for example), and selecting "Release Date".
4. Now that "Release Date" appears as one of the column headers for your playlist, sort on it as desired.
5. Copy the playlist to your iPod

** Presto **

Return to “Feature Requests”