Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

JP101 Annoyances - possible suggestions ...

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

wmitchell
New in Town

JP101 Annoyances - possible suggestions ...

Postby wmitchell » January 26th, 2008 11:56 am

The more I use JP101 the more I go hmmm it would be nice if this feature worked like this ....
I have a few things that have been bugging me and so I figured id make a list and maybe the guys will fix them. Alternatively there is a firefox extension called greasemonkey that allows you on your browser change the default behaviour of the site. I'll write more about how greasemonkey works later for anyone who is interested...

Any back to my slight annoyances...
* When in a particular level ie newbie its kinda awkward to get to the next lesson...yes there is a pulldown menu but it doesnt clearly show the next lesson its kinda hard to read..wouldnt it be nice if there was a arrow that said next lesson..
* Same applies to the complete marker .. id love a nice big grey box clearly showing its complete..

Ive lots others but i have to go surfing now go ill post more later if anyone is interested post something and it will motivate me to fix these and also other suggestions in the off chance JP101 would prefer not to ..

プチクレア
Established Presence

Re: JP101 Annoyances - possible suggestions ...

Postby プチクレア » January 26th, 2008 12:57 pm

wmitchell wrote:* When in a particular level ie newbie its kinda awkward to get to the next lesson...yes there is a pulldown menu but it doesnt clearly show the next lesson its kinda hard to read..wouldnt it be nice if there was a arrow that said next lesson..

You're talking about the learning center, right ? Um... isn't there a "next lesson"/"previous lesson" button just under the pull down menu and above the lesson title that takes you to the next/previous lesson in the same level ?....
さっぱり分からない !...

Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
wmitchell
New in Town

Postby wmitchell » January 26th, 2008 2:20 pm

ahh yes i see what your talking about actually i dont tend use the learning center that much I more just head for the lesson section and go from there .. for some reason at least (for me) the learning center seems to take too many clicks to get to and is maybe a little cluttered ...

but yes good point on using the learning center ..

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » January 27th, 2008 8:16 am

i agree with the comments about the learning centre, it can be very hard to navigate.
although I'm a premium subscriber, i don't really use it, the PDFs are fine and i can look up any grammar in my grammar book 8)
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

wmitchell
New in Town

Postby wmitchell » January 28th, 2008 12:37 pm

any one else any thoughts/suggestions

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » February 15th, 2008 11:30 am

i imagine that as more features are added the learning center will get a make over. however at the moment, there's no plan on the table (as far as i know). but when it comes time, posts like this are the first place i'll come looking for good ideas! 8)
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Return to “Feature Requests”