Or sign up using Facebook

An Intermediate Subscription Level inbetween Basic/Premium

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Birddog
New in Town

An Intermediate Subscription Level inbetween Basic/Premium

Postby Birddog » January 17th, 2008 1:19 am

Hey Guys,

I was thinking the other day, if you have thought about offering a subscription level in between Basic and Premium, which would give access to the additional Audio/Video materials but not to any of the Learning Centre materials?

I'd like to listen/watch the extra materials eg. Video vocab, review dialogues, but I know I would never use the learning centre at all, so for myself I don't see the value in upgrading.

Btw, you're doing a great job, and I really appreciate all the work and effort you put in to make learning Japanese accessible and far more interesting and entertaining than I have ever experienced before.

Birddog

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » January 17th, 2008 10:10 am

I'd like to listen/watch the extra materials eg. Video vocab, review dialogues, but I know I would never use the learning centre at all, so for myself I don't see the value in upgrading.

I don't get your logic here. :roll: :lol: :shock:
Wouldn't the value of upgrading be access to the review and video stuff you want? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get 32% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Birddog
New in Town

Postby Birddog » January 17th, 2008 10:17 am

Hey Kitty-chan,

It seems to me that the main attraction of the Premium subscription is the Learning Centre, something that I would never use if I were to upgrade.

I guess I just can't justify to myself the extra cost of the premium subscription if I am not going to use all it offers.

Birddog

stuu
Been Around a Bit

Postby stuu » January 17th, 2008 9:07 pm

Well you should! It's full of great things that will make your life easier, give you a rosy glow and is guaranteed to make you more interesting at dinner parties. Fact.

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Re: An Intermediate Subscription Level inbetween Basic/Premi

Postby ShiroiNeko » February 21st, 2008 11:32 am

Birddog wrote:Hey Guys,

I was thinking the other day, if you have thought about offering a subscription level in between Basic and Premium, which would give access to the additional Audio/Video materials but not to any of the Learning Centre materials?

Btw, you're doing a great job, and I really appreciate all the work and effort you put in to make learning Japanese accessible and far more interesting and entertaining than I have ever experienced before.

Birddog

I like the idea, Birddog - I have a premium subscription but I don't use the Learning Centre.

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » February 21st, 2008 7:55 pm

ShiroiNeko wrote:

Birddog

I like the idea, Birddog - I have a premium subscription but I don't use the Learning Centre.

I agree. I also have a premium subscription, and pretty much just use what is on the homepage. The learning center just takes too many clicks to get where I want to go...

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 21st, 2008 11:43 pm

kc8ufv wrote:
ShiroiNeko wrote:

Birddog

I agree. I also have a premium subscription, and pretty much just use what is on the homepage. The learning center just takes too many clicks to get where I want to go...

オレも
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » February 22nd, 2008 12:12 am

If you compare the price you pay for 1 year here to to what you'd pay for 1 month of Japanese Lessons, it's a steal. It's not $180 for a year is a lot of money... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just my two cents :D :D :D

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » February 22nd, 2008 12:13 am

I mean, "it's not like" not "it's not" :lol: :lol: :lol:

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 22nd, 2008 1:35 am

it all depends on ones
budget
and
usefulness to the
individual.

another example.

you buy a new computer and don't use
all features.

its not value for money
because
you could buy a cheaper one with the features you use.

makes sense?
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

Return to “Feature Requests”