Or sign up using Facebook

Word on the Street

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

josiah
Expert on Something

Word on the Street

Postby josiah » December 26th, 2007 8:55 am

Today was a public holiday, no plan, simply procrastinations... :cry:
However, in my mindless Internet searching, I was looking at Chinesepod.com and came across some highly popular features... :wink:

Word On The Street or WOS (街语)- This show is based on the magazine of City Weekend (An English-speaker's guide on life in China). The show is about popular words on the street that are usually used by Chinese or Shanghainese to guide foreigners to modern conversation and street language.

This show sounds really fun, and I'd love to hear something similar here, wouldn't you say? :wink:

The Saturday Show (周六) - This show is broadcast every Saturday, hence the name of the show. It tackles everything about ChinesePod, Shanghai, current events, and even about the hosts themselves. They also have guests (usually avid listeners of ChinesePod) being interviewed and celebrates particular occasions.

The Satday show has the most ammount of listeners as documented by wikipedia too
:wink:

Wouldn't it be great to have these kind of fun programs? :wink:

watermen
Expert on Something

Re: Word on the Street

Postby watermen » December 26th, 2007 4:25 pm

josiah wrote:Today was a public holiday, no plan, simply procrastinations... :cry:
However, in my mindless Internet searching, I was looking at Chinesepod.com and came across some highly popular features... :wink:

Word On The Street or WOS (街语)- This show is based on the magazine of City Weekend (An English-speaker's guide on life in China). The show is about popular words on the street that are usually used by Chinese or Shanghainese to guide foreigners to modern conversation and street language.

This show sounds really fun, and I'd love to hear something similar here, wouldn't you say? :wink:

The Saturday Show (周六) - This show is broadcast every Saturday, hence the name of the show. It tackles everything about ChinesePod, Shanghai, current events, and even about the hosts themselves. They also have guests (usually avid listeners of ChinesePod) being interviewed and celebrates particular occasions.

The Satday show has the most ammount of listeners as documented by wikipedia too
:wink:

Wouldn't it be great to have these kind of fun programs? :wink:

I think word on the street is really a good idea.

I think what Jpod101 can do is to go around and record other people voice and make it into a lesson.

Let's say Peter decide to eat sushi and he goes to a sushi restaurant, we can record the conversation held between Peter and the sushi restaurant waiters, that conversation will be made into a lesson. It will be fun to listen, because it is real Japanese! :D

Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » December 27th, 2007 3:52 pm

yea! like a case-study! a real live case study =D that's a sound idea.
- まもる
くろくておおきくてかたくてひかててくさくてきみおなこえがあげるせぶつ。

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » December 27th, 2007 4:03 pm

jemstone wrote:yea! like a case-study! a real live case study =D that's a sound idea.

I guess Jpod101 crews probably run out of idea or story lines. I believe this kind of real-live conversation will save them a lot of time too.

On the top of that we can learn real Japanese. I believe Japanese don't use perfect grammar or standard grammar for their daily conversation, there must be full of "mistakes" yet acceptable in general...I want to learn those "mistakes".

Return to “Feature Requests”