Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Ai
New in Town

J-Dorama

Postby Ai » November 7th, 2006 5:26 am

おはいよう!
私はロージです。宜しくお願いします。
--
^Just some stuff I've learned using JPod101! (I just started last week, but I have learned soo much! I've listened to a gazillion episodes already.) :D
So I'm new around this forum, I wanted to introduce myself.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone watches J-Dorama...?
I watched Stand Up!! and Gokusen (The second series, I think) among others, I just wanted a little place where we can talk about J-Doramas and the actors/actresses in them. ^_^

Darliechan
New in Town

j-dorama superbly hilarious..haha!

Postby Darliechan » November 13th, 2006 2:50 am

You should watch My Boss My Hero too. :mrgreen:

Get 40% OFF
annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » December 6th, 2006 12:54 pm

I love talking about Japanese ドラマ! What are you watching now?

i'm currently watching 14才の母 (14さいのはは)... new episode on in 15 minutes.

The 14year old (soon to be) mother is so calm about the whole thing. She had a 5 minute freak out in one of the first episodes, and she spend a whole 10 minutes being worried about supporting her baby a few weeks ago.

Next in the queue are Kamisama mou sukoshi dake and Overtime, which is the first ドラマ i ever watched... it was on back in '98.

some of my favorites are Hana Yori Dango 花より男子, Beautiful Life, Densha Otoko 電車男 and Kimi wa Petto 君はペット. and i just finished Nobuta wo Produce 野ぶたをプロデュス

Joey
Expert on Something

Postby Joey » December 9th, 2006 7:21 pm

i've been reading people's posts here about j-drama shows and so i decided to check one out (My boss my hero) and man was it awesome. okay, i have only watched the first episode so far, but the story has got me hooked. i don't know why the general population of america knows so much about anime but yet so little about j-drama series' (i didn't know anything at least :cry:) Man i can't wait to watch more...

botterli
Been Around a Bit

Postby botterli » December 10th, 2006 8:46 pm

Someone on this site somewhere recommended Densha Otaka, and I watched the first episode just now. Sugoi! I was strangely compelled to rant about it online ;)
I really liked it, it was funny and moving. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Solvi
Established Presence

Postby Solvi » December 11th, 2006 10:09 am

Same here, Densha otoko has become part of my morning ritual ;) I wonder what to watch next, maybe I'll try out My Boss My Hero - I trust you guys on this forum :)

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » December 11th, 2006 11:05 am

i still haven't finished Densha Otoko, but I'm liking it better than the movie.

I've heard lots of good things about My Boss, My Hero.

I'm about half-way through with Kamisama, Mou Sukoshii Dake, it's more serious that Densha Otoko, but it's really interesting to see the way that jdramas deal with social issues. (AIDS, in this one).

Hana Yori Dango is still one of my favorites. They'll be airing Season 2 starting in January. (though, honestly, i liked the concept and the first few episodes a lot better than the end. don't want to ruin it for you though.) So this is a good time to watch Season 1.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » December 11th, 2006 7:27 pm

annie wrote:Hana Yori Dango is still one of my favorites. They'll be airing Season 2 starting in January.

:O Rock!
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » December 12th, 2006 6:45 am

Jason,
I'm glad you approve of my drama choices!

Hana Yori Dango was almost enough to get me to try reading manga. Not quite though. I may have to cave though, since I am curious to know where the story goes. The manga is epic though.

mariyo
Been Around a Bit

Postby mariyo » December 15th, 2006 3:39 pm

ohayou mina-san,

The first jdrama I ever watched was when I was still a kid. It was called 'Oshin', and was just super! It's the story of a young girl who grew up before the 2nd World War and it goes all the way until she dies.

Does anyone remember this series? If it's somewhere on the net, I'd like to watch it again. At the time that I watched it, I couldn't understand a thing yet.

I found this trace on jdorama.com : http://www.jdorama.com/drama.739.htm

mariyo
________
Universal health warehouse
Last edited by mariyo on February 26th, 2011 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » February 3rd, 2007 6:31 pm

Annie-san,
Yes, I love Hana Yori Dango! Thanks to Jason-san for telling me.

Now I have a new one I love: Nodame cantabile!!! It's fantastic!!

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » February 3rd, 2007 6:32 pm

Nodame cantabile -- I have watched the anime version, haven't seen the live actor version. The anime version is great.

weatherbey
New in Town

Postby weatherbey » June 22nd, 2007 9:53 pm

I am currently watching LIAR GAME! It is just the best dorama i have ever watched. Its so clever.

Also i would recommend kurosagi (ah i cant wait for kurosagi the movie comming out in 2008 spring), and Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni.

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » June 22nd, 2007 11:54 pm

Wetherby-san,
Thanks for these titles! Lately I have been watching Remote, a police drama which is very intruguing and often very funny! (Thanks for that tip, JZ!) Recently someone gave me a series called Gokusen. Has anyone seen either one of these?

weatherbey
New in Town

Postby weatherbey » June 23rd, 2007 5:22 pm

Liz21 wrote:Wetherby-san,
Thanks for these titles! Lately I have been watching Remote, a police drama which is very intruguing and often very funny! (Thanks for that tip, JZ!) Recently someone gave me a series called Gokusen. Has anyone seen either one of these?

Yeah i have seen gokusen but not the police one. Alot of people i saw on the web said they loved gokusen and it had very high rating when aired in japan.

But personally i found it kinda boring as it has a very ovious storyline. Also gokusen season 2 is basicly exactly the same as season 1 but with diffent actors.

but you should still give it a try :P But maybe its just me who doesn't like it

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”