a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Anime/Manga!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

fruitsbasket123
New in Town

Anime/Manga!

Postby fruitsbasket123 » August 22nd, 2006 3:09 am

I love anime, my favourite series is Fruits Basket and my favourite movie is Spirited Away! :D

fruitsbasket123
New in Town

Also Manga!

Postby fruitsbasket123 » August 22nd, 2006 3:11 am

My favourite manga is also Fruits Basket! :D

Get 40% OFF
fruitsbasket123
New in Town

Bye!

Postby fruitsbasket123 » August 22nd, 2006 3:17 am

Iv'e got to go now so message me if you want to talk about anime or manga!

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » August 22nd, 2006 5:26 am

I like fruits basket too. Mainly the anime, because my reading skills aren't really up to reading the manga yet (I have the first two volumes). That and azumanga dioh are my favourite anime's, because of all the interesting information on japanese culture that comes with them. Ghibli's whisper of the heart anime movie is also good in this respect

Ghibli's spirited away is interesting as it draws heavily from the shinto religion (It was the first japanese anime I saw). Princess mononoko does too, although not in quite as fantastical a setting.

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 22nd, 2006 6:18 am

I like animes like great teacher onizuka because the story is about someone without any magical powers or so on. Any one that knows about something similar?

dlai
Been Around a Bit

Postby dlai » August 23rd, 2006 5:34 am

I also enjoy Fruits Basket. It seems like the girly anime / manga that anyone can like.

Some other series I like are:

Monster - One of the best suspense anime I've seen. A doctor saves a evil boy who a serial murderer (and also brainwashes others to murder as well). The doctor throws away a promising career in medicine to track down and try to undo his mistake of saving the boy.

Full Metal Panic - A good blend of Mecha combat anime and a shonen high school humor anime.

Chobits - An anime by CLAMP that explores the idea of human/robot relationships. It has a taste of adult humor, but in a tasteful way such that both sexes can really enjoy this one. CLAMP also makes alot of other good stuff.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

I'm a Anime and Manga Lover!

Postby Ulver_684 » August 27th, 2006 8:43 pm

:wink: Finally I find people like me that enjoys anime and manga I really love anime since I was 13 years old my first anime's were Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Ranma1/2 Good topic keep it up! :D S_R_C

CrazySwayzee
Been Around a Bit

Postby CrazySwayzee » August 29th, 2006 1:32 am

ever notice how alot of people get in to Japan and Japanese because of Anime?

I know that's how I got into Japanese 8)

I dream of going to see the Ghibli Museum :D

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » August 29th, 2006 6:13 am

CrazySwayzee wrote:ever notice how alot of people get in to Japan and Japanese because of Anime?

I know that's how I got into Japanese 8)

I dream of going to see the Ghibli Museum :D

It was more the other way round for me. I decided to visit Japan after seeing the Shogun drama series and decided to learn some Japanese for that. This started me buying anime as listening practice. Regarding the Ghibli museum, I haven't been, but understand it's very popular and you need to book in advance. So, if you do get to go to Japan, consider booking your visit when making your other travel arrangements :)

firstnamelastnamefirst101
New in Town

Postby firstnamelastnamefirst101 » August 29th, 2006 9:13 pm

Miyazaki has a lot of really good movies. My favorites are Spirited away and castel in the sky.

I guess i can be considered an anime nerd lol. i like inu-yasha(watashi wa oni ga kerai desu kedo inu-yasha ga daisuki desu!), flcl, s-cry-ed,paranoia agent, case closed (not sure about the title, but the main character was Conan), .hack// , Ruroni kenchin (did i spell this correctly?), Read or die, ghost in the shell... i think i got them all :)
Favorite Japanese songs: I'm happy but you don't like me by asobi seksu... rewrite by Asian Kungfu Generation... flashback by asian kungfu generation

Favorite anime: Inu-yasha, flcl, paranoia agent, ghost in the shell, s-cry-ed

ali17
Been Around a Bit

Postby ali17 » September 23rd, 2006 8:33 am

I love anime to

I like the ones that are more samurai related. Samurai Champloo is great it has anyone else seen it? 7 Samurai is also good(or is it Samurai 7) it is based on the movie and the 7 is on the other side.

I just started whatching FLCL

A good spoof anime is Puny Puny Poemi the more anime you have seen the funnier it is. I think anyway.

Others that I have seen and liked

Ryuroni Kenshin
Inu Yasha
Cowboy Beebop
Neon Genesis Evangelian
Reign
Lain
.Hack
Outlaw Star(unedited)

Nate
Been Around a Bit

My favs of Japanime

Postby Nate » October 4th, 2006 12:50 pm

Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
Any of the Zoids incarnations (Zoids Genesis especially, which I am watching in Japanese)
Gundam Wing
VanDread
The Last Exile
Outlaw Star
Starblazers (an oldie but a goodie)

These are but a few from my list.

Napster921
New in Town

Postby Napster921 » October 20th, 2006 3:12 pm

asd
Last edited by Napster921 on July 24th, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » October 21st, 2006 3:33 am

I remake is currently being made and aired of one of my favorties, Kanon. <3
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Marshdrifter
New in Town

Postby Marshdrifter » October 30th, 2006 3:42 am

Samurai Champloo -- Very good. Excellent characters and actors.

Ghost in the Shell -- All of the variations, although I prefer Stand Alone Complex. There's a bit more development of the characters' relationships.

Planetes -- I love the setting and can relate to some of the job-related issues. It's got a very conservative message, though.

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”