a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Deathnote

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Stewie
New in Town

Deathnote

Postby Stewie » June 20th, 2006 7:22 am

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this movie yet. It's currently ranked #1 in the Japanese Box offices, taking over Da Vinci Code. It came out on the 17th I think. Can someone give a review on it?

If you want to see the trailer I found one eith English subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NmhxbLX ... ath%20note

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

I'm seen it!

Postby Ulver_684 » September 2nd, 2006 11:45 pm

Its great movie I invite you to my forum J-horror and tell me what Japan movies you watch or what is your favorite anime manga etc ok! :wink:

Get 40% OFF
Altima
New in Town

Postby Altima » September 14th, 2006 11:41 pm

I haven't seen the film, but I've read about 5 volumes of the original manga upon which it was based, and I can recommend those, certainly. They're very well drawn (With a charming naturalism that one doesn't see too often in manga), and very well paced. For such a convoluted and quirky premise, they really do a great job of keeping the reader quite hooked.

Plus, the idea of having an 8-foot tall, black-feather-clad, eternally grimacing death god as a college roommate is innately amusing.

It's not gonna redefine any genres, it's no Nausicaä, but it's very good fun. If the film's anything like it, it'll be entertaining, certainly.

CrazySwayzee
Been Around a Bit

Postby CrazySwayzee » September 19th, 2006 11:25 pm

Takeshi Obata is a really good artist(he's the manga artist for deathnote)

Deathnote's really cool and really freaky too.

it really shows how a good person can become a blood-thirsty killer.

it's a better horror than many of the ones in America that are all gore and no drama.

dlai
Been Around a Bit

Postby dlai » September 21st, 2006 5:18 am

I took the plung and read the manga after all the good reviews I'm seeing. I really like the story, it's kinda amazing how the story teller can think on that Nth level, jumping ini and out of each other's shoes to out smart each other.

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”