a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

My Samurai Performance at UCF

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

pogiboy24
New in Town

My Samurai Performance at UCF

Postby pogiboy24 » May 21st, 2008 11:00 pm

Every year at the University of Central Florida, we the Asian Student Organization present a culture show called Tour of Asia. This is where we present talents and performances from our different Asian Cultures. However, due to the shortage of Japanese students at UCF we rarely have a performance by Japanese students. Last year to avoid having a gap in our show for Japan my friend and I decided to step up and perform a Samurai Fight with dialog using our extensive knowledge of martial arts. Our dialog was put together ourselves from dictionaries and the help of japanesepod101. Please forgive our poor Japanese as we are Filipino :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NKU5DDfc8c
Last edited by pogiboy24 on May 22nd, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

issississimo
New in Town

Postby issississimo » May 22nd, 2008 3:25 am

I actually go to UCF and I'd sign up for Elementary Japanese if they offered more than 25 seats a year. It filled up before I was even able to register. At least I have resources like jpod to independently study with.

Get 40% OFF
pogiboy24
New in Town

Postby pogiboy24 » May 22nd, 2008 11:53 pm

Yea that class seems very hard to get into, I got into that class this fall as I am in the honors college so I am able to sign up many weeks before normal students. I hope japanesepod will help me get an A in that class this coming fall.

issississimo
New in Town

Postby issississimo » May 25th, 2008 11:35 pm

Hey well if you ever need an extra person in the UCF area to practice Japanese with, I'm around. I've only been doing independent study on it for 2 months now so I'm somewhat a beginner.

atomsk
Site Admin

Postby atomsk » June 2nd, 2008 12:07 am

nice show. some elements reminded me of kung fu though. do you practice any martial arts?

pogiboy24
New in Town

Postby pogiboy24 » June 5th, 2008 4:12 pm

I guess you read over the part in my post where I said "my friend and I decided to step up and perform a Samurai Fight with dialog using our extensive knowledge of martial arts." but to answer your question again, yes we do.

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”