a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Studio Ghibli Musuem

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mint
New in Town

Studio Ghibli Musuem

Postby mint » April 25th, 2008 8:48 am

Im trying to buy my tickets just now as i fly out in a week's time and havent got anything sorted out yet haha, Well i have my hostel's etc and rail ticket etc but no set plans on what were doing for 2 weeks...

so lazy ^.^ haha.

Anyone know where we can get them? I believe we can get some at Lawson's shop?? Im guessing Lawson's is like an AM/PM? Is the sign Yellow and Blue? I think i remember it from last time i was in Japan back in Jan.... If so, What do i say to them? I was told if i mention "Totoro" to them they will understand with My Neighbor Totoro being pretty famous in Japanese Anime?

Arigato ^.^
[dori - dori! ^^]

robopanda
New in Town

Postby robopanda » April 26th, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi Mint,

I had to buy the tickets in japan as well. In the lawson convenience store, there is a machine called "Loppi" that looks like a ATM but it sells tickets for concerts and sports events.

Heres a link to the instuctions to use the machine to buy tickets for the Ghibli museum:

http://www.lawson.co.jp/loppi/ghibli/english.html#how_to

I hope that helps a bit. It's not too difficult using the L-code, but I'm sure if you need help the staff can do it for you :)

Get 40% OFF
untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » May 4th, 2009 6:22 am

Wow!!! Thanks for the info on how to buy tickets!! I loved the Totoro movie, and would love to go and see the museum.

fangorn
New in Town

Postby fangorn » June 26th, 2009 10:39 am

robopanda wrote:Hi Mint,

I had to buy the tickets in japan as well. In the lawson convenience store, there is a machine called "Loppi" that looks like a ATM but it sells tickets for concerts and sports events.

Heres a link to the instuctions to use the machine to buy tickets for the Ghibli museum:

http://www.lawson.co.jp/loppi/ghibli/english.html#how_to

I hope that helps a bit. It's not too difficult using the L-code, but I'm sure if you need help the staff can do it for you :)

Yes, you can follow the instructions in this page to buy the ticket. However, it was missing one last step. After Step 7, the system will ask you for your name. So you will need to enter a proper full name in Katakana/Kanji (e.g. surname <SPACE> firstname) before proceeding to Step 8.

cloudcar
New in Town

Postby cloudcar » August 23rd, 2009 3:10 am

I went there with my husband and daughter. Are you aware that only kids can go on the catbus? I knew that but I still really really wanted to go on it.
Have fun!

lonna_senpai
Established Presence

Postby lonna_senpai » February 26th, 2010 3:26 pm

Please post what you think of it! I am going there in March and would love to hear someone's opinion on it before I go myself :D

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”