a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

i forgot what it's called

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

m0u5y
Been Around a Bit

i forgot what it's called

Postby m0u5y » June 4th, 2006 12:54 am

I need to find these ingredients in the asian market so I need people to remind me of the names...

do they use okonomiyaki sauce on takoyaki and if so, do they also use it on yakisoba and yakitori?

apart from naruto, what are the names of the kind of fish cakes you put in nabe and oden? (what other ingredients other than tofu?) what is the name of the potato cakes they put in the oden?
What's the name of that fried tofu sack filled with mochi they put in sukiyaki?
What are those pork orange glazed meatballs (usually cold) called usually eaten as a side dish?
Any other methods of cooking somen other than cold, in soup, or maybe stir fried (I have to try that one)?
How to get the natto to not stink so much when cooked? (sorry that's off topic but I just thought of that)
The dumplings which are like short tubes with i think won ton and shrimp inside or crab but are not gyousa?
Anyone have the recipe for the mister donut's ramen soup?
Anyone know if the chicken liver they serve as a side dish have any condiment?
k thanks.
ちょっと待ちなさい。この雪は金色だ。ちょっと変。食べて見て。何?食べなさい!バカヤロ!まずいね?

lucasburns
Been Around a Bit

Postby lucasburns » June 21st, 2006 11:39 pm

Love the questions!!!

OK, I can answer some. Yakisoba, Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki all have SIMILAR sauces. They aren't exactly the same - the sweetness, and consistency changes. I think that you are still better of trying to find all three rather than use the same one on all three foods. Yakitori is diffferent.

Re oden: common ingredients are:
hard boiled eggs
Chikawa (the fish cake tube thing)
Beef tendons
tofu both cotton type, and fried
daikon (my favourite)
gobomaki
konnyaku and konnyaku noodles

Do a search for somen champuru (from okinawa). I have it here in Osaka fairly regulalry and it is quite good.

Natto??? cooked??? I have never seen natto cooked. Just whisked up a little from the packet with some mustard or some shoyu and put onto rice.

Can't help you with the other questions yet!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”