a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Paprika

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Liz21
Expert on Something

Paprika

Postby Liz21 » July 1st, 2007 1:29 am

I just got home from seeing this! It was intriguing and beautiful. Has anyone seen it?

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » July 1st, 2007 12:53 pm

Hasn't come to Nashville yet.

Get 40% OFF
Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » July 1st, 2007 2:45 pm

It's really hard to find these kinds of films in the theaters, even in Chicago, where I live. I completely missed Clint Eastwood's first movie about Iwo Jima because it came and went so fast!! The second Iwo Jima film came to my local theater and was there for several weeks!

As to Paprika, we were all set to go to one theater, but it wasn't playing there anymore. So, we found it in just one other theater in all of Chicago. What is up with this? You'll probably never see it in Nashville. Let me know!

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » July 1st, 2007 2:59 pm

The Iwo Jima movie was here, but I didn't get a chance to see it. :(

It seems to me that movies are released in certain areas first, and then the rest of the country. For me to see any of these movies I had to subscribe to Blockbuster online. They have a lot of foreign movies you can't get locally.

animate
Been Around a Bit

Postby animate » July 4th, 2007 7:08 pm

Saw it! I really liked it, too.

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » July 5th, 2007 8:22 am

I really like Satoshi Kon's films.
In London it showed 3 times; twice as part of a science fiction festival and once at a special screening at an Arts centre. At least it was in Japanese and not a dub.

Unfortunatly I doubt it'll get a UK release. Maybe we'll get the prints after the US run. Cinema prints are a major expense in movies. For arthouse stuff they are cleaned and sent on to the next country and sometimes there may only be one print. Digital cinema will make things a bit easier.

But anyhow. Check out Millenium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers if you like his work. If you really like it try Paranoia Agent but I warn you it's adult and strange and shocking. But some of the most amazing anime I've seen.

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”