Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Do they show any English football matches in Japan?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lectrolux
New in Town

Do they show any English football matches in Japan?

Postby lectrolux » May 2nd, 2007 3:38 pm

Anyone know if bars/cable channels show the games over in Japan??

padrik
Established Presence

Postby padrik » May 3rd, 2007 8:45 pm

There are many sports bar/clubs around Japan, and many run by foreigners. I lived near Nagoya where there are several such clubs, always showing aussie\english matches. Sometimes even having events for championship matches and such. Just gotta explore a bit to find them.

Get 40% OFF
lectrolux
New in Town

Postby lectrolux » May 3rd, 2007 9:07 pm

Thanks for the reply - are they shown live or is it a delayed screening due to time differences? At least they are available in Japan which is good (especially as the team I support - Aston Villa - have a rich American owner now so we might start winning games next season haha)

JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » May 5th, 2007 4:04 am

my boss is a Villa fan and I don't think he gets to see them much unless they are playing one of the "bigger" teams - Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal (not my opinion of big but what the average Asian supports). You can normally find matches live which is around midnight for the normal kick off time.

Also a lot of repeats. Chelsea TV, Manu TV etc. Also they are big fans of the Spanish League over here - wonder if that will stop now Beckham is going West...

lectrolux
New in Town

Postby lectrolux » May 5th, 2007 8:48 am

I don't think he gets to see them much unless they are playing one of the "bigger" teams - Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal (not my opinion of big but what the average Asian supports).[/quote]

Yeah, I assumed as much... it's pretty much the same with seeing them over here (unless I have got tickets to go to the stadium for the game) but it is better than nothing I suppose :-)

It's sods law really, all these years we have been rubbish and I have been able to see them whenever I want - we FINALLY get a rich owner who is willing to pump millions of pounds into the club (hopefully meaning a bit more success!) and I am heading to the other side of the world lol

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”