Or sign up using Facebook

sukottorando-jin travelling to japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

graeme
New in Town

sukottorando-jin travelling to japan

Postby graeme » January 4th, 2007 12:05 am

Hi there,

I'm planning a trip to japan later this year, I'm thinking around september. Depending on my work, I'd like to spend maybe 6 or so weeks there. Can someone give me some advice on a place to stay that would be reasonably affordable. It'd be far too expensive to stay 6 weeks in a hotel i'm sure. Also, I'm looking to stay anywhere with good transport links to tokyo.

thanks in advance for any help,

Graeme.

MarzGurl
New in Town

Postby MarzGurl » January 10th, 2007 4:49 pm

When I was in Tokyo this past September, I stayed in a hostel called the Khaosan Tokyo. I originally went with it because it was so cheap - about 2,000 Yen a night per person - but it was also wonderful because I got to meet all kinds of people from around the world there. There was a great open room downstairs with a TV and several computers with cable Internet access. The rooms were very small, just big enough for a person to sleep in, but otherwise I don't think I would have chosen to stay anywhere else for that trip! They had storage for oversized baggage downstairs, and they kept it locked up for you.

The Khaosan Tokyo is part of a chain of hostels, so you might be able to find some information on more in the places you'll be staying. Here's the one I stayed in:
http://khaosan-tokyo.com
Visit http://www.marzgurlproductions.com for anime convention videos and more!

Get 40% OFF
graeme
New in Town

Postby graeme » January 11th, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Marzgurl,

thanks for the reply, I've added the link to my bookmarks. I've got so many places to check out, I've been very busy looking at a bunch of places I've been recommended elsewhere, such as sakura hotel etc. All in all, I just wish the days would go faster so that I could go there as soon as poss.

Again, thanks

Graeme.

Return to “Visiting Japan”