Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Any Motorsports/Motorcycle advice (going to Suzuka F1)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

G.Irish
New in Town

Any Motorsports/Motorcycle advice (going to Suzuka F1)

Postby G.Irish » September 26th, 2006 1:06 pm

I'm heading out next week (October 4) to watch the Formula 1 race at Suzuka and the SuperGT race at Autopolis the following weekend in Fukuoka (Autopolis circuit).

I was wondering if there's anyone on here who is familiar with either track or events or could possibly give some advice in general about some of the automotive and motorcycle stuff to do in Japan.

My roommate and I will be flying into Nagoya then commuting from Kyoto to Suzuka. Of course it would be a lot easier to just stay in Nagoya but we procrastinated too long to get accomodations there. After that we'll be in Tokyo until Thursday, then we'll be riding the train down to Fukuoka on Friday.

While in Tokyo we plan on taking a day trip to the Honda Collection Hall at Motegi, as well as visiting the motorcycle district in Ueno Park. I heard about Ueno from a fellow motorcyclist who had been to Japan but I haven't been able to find anything about it online. If anyone is familiar with the area, any tips are much appreciate.

Domo arigato!

circa86
Been Around a Bit

Postby circa86 » December 26th, 2006 3:30 am

There are tons of great Tuning shops/ etc. in Japan.

You definitely can't go wrong with the collection hall I think.

I was planning on going to the Suzuka Pocca 1000km race while i was there in August but everyone helping my out while I was there, my girlfriend and her family, had already done way to much for me and I just couldn't ask for more help with that.

it can't hurt to have someone that knows quite a bit of Japanese and is a good translator, unless you do yourself.

have a good trip.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”