Or sign up using Facebook

SIM card rental in japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

luminousgurl7836
New in Town

SIM card rental in japan

Postby luminousgurl7836 » February 6th, 2012 9:39 pm

Konnichiwa minasan!

First of all, if jappod's reading this, thanks so much for those specially prepared nihongo classes, they're SUPERB! Keep up the good work!

Next, we're visiting Japan end of March, 2012. Since we're not very fluent with japanese, i thought it would be good to have Internet access on my phone when we're there.
I saw a few companies doing this sun card rental things like JCR and softbank. So far, the unlimited data plan with jcr is our choice. But i'd like to know if these companies are reliable? Because I've spoken to a few japanese and they are all not sure what I'm talking about.

Any advice?

Totemo Arigato gozaimasu!

axel9719
New in Town

Postby axel9719 » April 15th, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi there,

sorry to respond so late, but maybe the answer is helpful to other readers.

I've been to Japan for about two weeks recently and a friend of mine and me, we bought prepaid SIMs from JCR.

JCR seemed pretty reliable.

We picked up our cards at a delivery company's booth at Narita Airport. The delivery consisted of a fabric envelope
that contained the SIM card, a pretty extensive usage guide in english and a pre-filled-out delivery envelope for the return.

JCR has an english speaking service number, by the way.

When I left Japan I just dropped the return envelope at the booth, signed the delivery form and I was done.

Quite convinient :)

JCR is just the reseller, the network provider was NTT Docomo, by the way. I had no connection troubles on my Android
phone at.

My friend however did have some problems with his iPhone card. Luckily he had an Android phone with him as well, and
with an adapter bought in Akihabara it worked well, too.

Bye

Get 40% OFF
Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » April 16th, 2012 8:04 am

Hi luminousgurl,
Thank you for your nice comments, and for your question! I'm afraid I have never used a prepaid SIM, but another member has posted a response that I hope helps you out.

Hi axel,
Thank you for posting such a helpful answer :D
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Return to “Visiting Japan”