Or sign up using Facebook

Tickets to Sporting Events

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Endorean
New in Town

Tickets to Sporting Events

Postby Endorean » March 8th, 2010 6:19 am

Hi All,

I'll be visiting Japan in August of this year and I'd like to arrange to purchase some tickets to the D1GP Drift Racing.

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase tickets before I arrive as I'd hate to get there and not able to get to see it.

Any suggestions or help is greatly welcomed. :lol:

jackrandomsx
New in Town

Postby jackrandomsx » March 31st, 2010 1:32 pm

I encountered a similar issue on a trip I took to Japan in 2008, my friends and I wanted to go to a Mixed Marital Arts event in Saitama. After jumping through many hoops online, i found that the easiest way was though a travel agency here in NYC. They were able to purchase the tickets for me at the current exchange rate, with a additional fee of $20 per ticket. The only catch was that i had to pick up the tickets at their office in Tokyo. The pickup was a little bit of an adventure, but before we knew it, we were at Saitama Super Arena watching Dream 1 Fighting Championships.

The agency i used was Amnet, I stumbled upon them because i have a client in the same building they are in.

Get 40% OFF
Endorean
New in Town

Postby Endorean » April 11th, 2010 7:48 am

thanks for the information, I certainly try my local Japan travel agent.

Now you mention it I might like to see an MMA match when I'm there in August this year. Hopefully there is something on. =)

thanks again.

katechix
New in Town

All

Postby katechix » April 12th, 2010 8:23 am

If you plan on making one or more you can ONLY buy this pass outside Japan, so ask your travel agent of choice for information.
Learn To Speak Japanese

jackrandomsx
New in Town

Postby jackrandomsx » April 12th, 2010 3:01 pm

Endorean wrote:thanks for the information, I certainly try my local Japan travel agent.

Now you mention it I might like to see an MMA match when I'm there in August this year. Hopefully there is something on. =)

thanks again.

So far it looks like the only announced fight is going to be a Shooto event in Sapporo, Hokkaido, on the 29th, which is a bit out of the way.

In the past year, there have been many smaller events held in Shinjuku (at a venue called "shinjuku face"), i have not yet been there, but hope to check it out on my next trip.

Japanese MMA is really struggling, so act fast.

Return to “Visiting Japan”