Or sign up using Facebook

Coin Laundry in Tokyo, Osaka

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

tequilatamm
Been Around a Bit

Coin Laundry in Tokyo, Osaka

Postby tequilatamm » October 9th, 2009 4:09 am

Hi everyone!

It is with some sadness that we discovered yesterday that the Tokyo apartment we stay in every Christmas/New Years on our visit to Japan can no longer accept bookings for less than 30 days, so we cannot stay there for a week.

It's the Oakwood chain, and I think they got in trouble for not charging tax and occupancy tax for short stays, as they've had to pull all short stays from their listings.

In any case, since they can never confirm until a month before we go anyway, we always have a backup plan and will either be staying at the Westin in Ebisu or the Hyatt Regency in Shinjuku... if anyone has an opinion on either of these, please let me know!

In Osaka, we usually stay at the Swissotel Nankai Namba, which is a great location, but since my husband is now platinum with Sheraton, we are going to try the Westin over in Umeda… a longer distance from things, but looked very nice when we had afternoon tea there last year.

The advantage of the apartment in Tokyo was that we had facilities to do laundry once we got to Tokyo that we will now no longer have.

This will make it necessary for us to use a coin laundry at some point during our stay. I know the question has been asked before, but if anyone knows of any coin laundry facilities in any of the following locations, I would love to know in advance, so we don’t have to hunt them out once we get there!

1) Ebisu, near the Yebisu Garden complex
2) Shinjuku over the tochomae side
3) Osaka, in the Umeda area.

If anyone knows of any coin laundry facilities in these areas, please let me know! Also, would be interested if there is a facility where you can drop off a bag of laundry and have someone else do it, picking it up later in the day.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”