Been Around a Bit

Charisma Men!

Postby jhalton » April 27th, 2009 5:57 am

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=3896

Anyone know anything about (or know any) Charisma Men? I find this amusing

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » April 27th, 2009 12:12 pm

I met a few in the states, and one of them had his wife "trained" to follow him around like a dog. I could just picture a leash around her.

From what I've seen by going to the onsens with my good friend, most Japanese women are getting to be a bit chubby, not quiet, and certainly don't follow men around. I've also taught in a high school, and now a jr high, and the girls are certainly not the quiet type.

Also, I've only seen the plain to average Japanese women date foreigners. All the gorgeous ones, or ones who don't want to speak anything but Japanese stick with Japanese men.

Honestly, I've met (and dated) a lot of men who had no self esteem so they tried to get it by abusing me or other women. The only women they could get are ones who also had no self esteem.

BTW, I've seen some foreign men only hang out with other foreigners. I had one actually hang around me at a Wendy's just to talk to me in English. He could clearly see I was in the middle of studying Japanese.
Last edited by untmdsprt on May 2nd, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Get 40% OFF
jhalton
Been Around a Bit

Postby jhalton » April 27th, 2009 5:46 pm

I wonder if this means charisma men will be out of luck once this generation of outspoken girls hits 18

QuackingShoe
Expert on Something

Postby QuackingShoe » April 27th, 2009 8:25 pm

Damn! I need to hurry!

Er, I mean...

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » April 28th, 2009 12:30 am

I hadn't heard of this, but it's a pretty funny concept :lol: It sounds like that blogger woman is pretty bitter, though. Where did she get such an intricate psychological profile of enough people to wield the generalisation broom with such vigour? I'm sure these people don't go around advertising the fact that they were chickless social disasters, and now don't value the women they date as people. I'm actually trying to imagine how you could extract such delicate information from supposedly immature, self-involved people without just simply presuming and embellishing. Pseudo-intellectual rhetoric aside, you probably have to blame the Japanese women themselves for dating such guys if they do actually exist.

jhalton
Been Around a Bit

Postby jhalton » April 28th, 2009 8:35 pm

True true, it's probably all speculation....but then again it's a sterotype....and most stereotypes don't just appear out of thin air. There's usually some source of why people started noticing the trend. And if somebody is socially awkard (from your own culture) you'll notice right away, which is why "western woman" is charisma man's greatest enemy. Culture clash makes people feel awkward sometimes so that's what the girl says lets charisma men get away with their awkwardness in japan.

Yea, I do blame the girls too, there's girls like that in america who like to be abused and treated crappily, but i'm assuming most of them in america are attracted to big tough guys, because they'll seem the most likely to abuse them.

These girls in japan who think the white guys are "exotic" are just setting up themselves for failure. Seems to run along the same lines as girls who judge a guy by the car he drives, or other superficial things. Those charisma men must be doing the same thing, just because they're appealing to their own fetishes.

ha ha ha, i guess i'm just speculating myself, haven't been to japan before, but when I finally go I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for these charisma men, must make for some interesting people wtching. As for the rest of the charisma men out there, GANBATTE!

Mark Fox
New in Town

Postby Mark Fox » April 28th, 2009 11:00 pm

Labeling people is fun!!!

jhalton
Been Around a Bit

Postby jhalton » May 14th, 2009 6:57 am

Mark Fox wrote:Labeling people is fun!!!

My favorite label for people is the one where they act like there's no such thing as stereotypes :D

Return to “Visiting Japan”