a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

HELP FINDING JAPANESE FRIENDS!!!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lonna_senpai
Established Presence

HELP FINDING JAPANESE FRIENDS!!!

Postby lonna_senpai » September 10th, 2007 10:19 am

Going to Japan in a month or two. I want to make some Japanese friends before I do or ever meet some English teachers that are over there. Really i just want someone around my age to experience it with. I'm a 22yr old female from a America. I'm going to be staying in the Tokyo area. Camp Zama to be exact. I do want to go to Osaka for a day also.

I tried looking at Penpal sites and I had no luck at all. Some advice would be great!!!

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » September 11th, 2007 4:44 am

Universities are always good for finding foreign friends. People sometimes feel a bit lonely in a foreign country and are eager to find friends. Failing that, try something like www.language-exchanges.org/ to find someone in Japan who wants to learn another language. When you head over to Japan, you'll have someone to drop in on!

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: HELP FINDING JAPANESE FRIENDS!!!

Postby Ulver_684 » September 11th, 2007 10:19 pm

lonna_senpai wrote:Going to Japan in a month or two. I want to make some Japanese friends before I do or ever meet some English teachers that are over there. Really i just want someone around my age to experience it with. I'm a 22yr old female from a America. I'm going to be staying in the Tokyo area. Camp Zama to be exact. I do want to go to Osaka for a day also.

I tried looking at Penpal sites and I had no luck at all. Some advice would be great!!!

Lonna_senpai-san! :wink:

You can also try out Mixi Community at http://www.mixi.jp
I have made alot of Japanese friends there that are waiting for me to go to Japan so they can show me around. :D

Give me your e-mail address and I sent you a invitation ok my friend! 8)

wahpiangeh
New in Town

Postby wahpiangeh » February 26th, 2008 2:42 am

Last edited by wahpiangeh on July 29th, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonB
Expert on Something

There are many sports and social clubs

Postby JonB » February 26th, 2008 3:25 am

You could try looking in places like Metropolis,Tokyo Gaijins, [url=Weekender]http://www.weekender.co.jp/[/url] etc

If you're in to any specific sports then you should find places listed in these and other free magazines you will find dotted around. If you are into scuba diving I can recommend JUE (you can also look them up on Facebook). This is a very mixed crowd.

Have fun!

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » March 13th, 2008 8:30 am

How about joining some facebook groups-there are plenty of networking groups. Or try tokyogaijins.com for some activities where you'd be sure to meet new people. What are you planning to do over here? are you coming for a while or just a holiday?

visual_gaze
Been Around a Bit

Postby visual_gaze » January 31st, 2009 5:12 am

penpalsnow.com and sharedtalk.com are also some great websites to meet japanese people. they're both free and you dont have to give much inro. I met one of my now close friends through shared talk. we now write to each other and i'll be seeing her soon. :)

Return to “Visiting Japan”