Or sign up using Facebook

名古屋へ行くつもりです

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

名古屋へ行くつもりです

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » August 11th, 2007 5:27 pm

よろしく、

I'm planning on going to Nagoya sometime next month. I've been reading about Nagoya and it seems like a really nice place. Any recommendations on what places I should visit or what restaurants I should try.

ありがとう

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » February 14th, 2008 2:52 pm

I thought I would revist this topic. I guess no one has anything to say about Nagoya. That's too bad. My trip there late last year was AWESOME!

Now I'm planning my 2nd trip to Japan. This time I'm going to Osaka in mid-April. I'm sure it's going to be great as well! Does anyone have any recommendations on what to see or eat?

Get 40% OFF
JonB
Expert on Something

Well back at you

Postby JonB » February 18th, 2008 8:51 am

where should we go in Nagoya? :lol:

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Re: Well back at you

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » February 18th, 2008 3:15 pm

JonB wrote:where should we go in Nagoya? :lol:

You should go to Osu Kannon. It's consists of several roofed street block with tons of shops in them. I went there a lot during my trip to shop for eletronics, clothes and souveneirs. If culture is more your thing, there are lots of museums in Nagoya .

And of course, the food. You should not leave without eating Miso Katsu (go to a restaurant named Yabaton: http://www.yabaton.com/), and Kishimen ( http://www.aichi-kanko.jp/j-heartland/nagoya/g_3.html).

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » March 13th, 2008 8:35 am

hi-sorry a bit late maybe...

You should go to Nagoya Castle. Its really nice! The surrounding park is great for cherry blossom season.

You should also visit Gifu which isnt far from Nagoya and Ise Shrine.

I lived in Nagoya before this-its not a bad place and there is plenty to see in the surrounding area. The hot spot for shopping/bars etc is Sakae-the tv tower is also there. Strikers bar at Tsurumai station is a nice friendly hang out-and try the joy joy karaoke bars=cheap cheap cheap!!

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » March 13th, 2008 8:36 am

you can pick up a nagoya magazine in english from most western cafe's or bars-that will tell you whats on and have some maps etc..

Return to “Visiting Japan”