Or sign up using Facebook

need help for my trip...how do you write this in japanese

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

siuyee1982
New in Town

need help for my trip...how do you write this in japanese

Postby siuyee1982 » June 19th, 2007 12:47 pm

Hi...

I'm planning to visit Tokyo later in the year, and at the moment I'm searching for accommodation.

I'm practically going to stay in one hotel for majority of my trip, except one day where I'll be in another prefecture. So basically will be checked in to that hotel for 7 days straight, then in another hotel in Day 8 , and then back to the first hotel from Day 9-11.

I want to ask if that hotel can hold my luggage on day 8.

So can anyone help me out? How can I phrase the above in japanese?

I've sent them an email, basically in english and japanese (using a chinese-japanese translator), and I've got a reply saying that they didn't understand. I guess the japanese translator didn't really work.

nichatha
New in Town

Postby nichatha » July 19th, 2007 10:07 am

I think U should post this topic in "All about Japanese" .I'm sure expert will help U.   As an amateur in Japanese"泊まらない日は この荷物はホテルで置いてもいいですか。"may be ok ね。 :roll:

Get 40% OFF
Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » July 19th, 2007 1:10 pm

my attempt for what it's worth, I can't guarantee 100% accuracy.

xx月xx日からxx月xx日までnameホテルに泊まるつもりです。
I intend to stay at Hotel XX from xx until xx .

xx月xx日にplaceに行って来ます。
On xx date I am going to go to xxplace (and come back)

XXに1泊だけ泊まります。
I will only stay 1 night in XX.

そして、xx月xx日にnameホテルに戻て3泊するつもりです。
and then I will return to Hotel XX on xx date and intend to stay for 3 (more) nights.

xx月xx日にnameホテルに私の(大きな)荷物を1泊預けて来てもいいですか?
On xx date, may I deposit my (large) luggage at Hotel XX for 1 night (and come back)?

I'm not sure whether you'd ask if it's possible or if you'd ask for permission to do this.
預けて来てもいいですか? is it ok to deposit and come back
預けて来る事ができますか? is it possible to deposit and come back

Translations aside, I doubt it would be a problem. You could even ask when you get there. I've done it myself before and when I came back my luggage was waiting for me in my room.
If for some reason it isn't possible. (unlikely) left luggage at train stations is about 600円 to 800円 per piece of luggage I think. Check opening times.
Coin lockers are also a possibility but I never figured out how periods over 24 hours worked. I *think* it's just a case of putting the extra money in. There is a 3 day limit though, where they'll empty the locker. I have a photo of the instructions somewhere I must have another look.

It might be worth writing the request in English as well as Japanese. There's always a chance someone will have some reading ability in English to smooth over your Japanese.

siuyee1982
New in Town

Postby siuyee1982 » July 23rd, 2007 2:23 am

Thanks for your help.

I've managed to find someone at work who knows Japanese, and they have contacted the hotel on my behalf.

Return to “Visiting Japan”