a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Place to stay in Osaka for one night?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Tom
Established Presence

Place to stay in Osaka for one night?

Postby Tom » May 1st, 2007 2:04 am

Me and a few others are going on a Golden Week trip to Osaka and Kyoto. We were able to make hotel reservation for three of the four nights we'll be there, but Thursday, May 3 we have nothing. Do you have any tips for finding last-minute accommodations?
By the way, I made it to Japan

Tom
Established Presence

Postby Tom » May 1st, 2007 2:07 am

Right after posting this, I got a call. We may have found a capsule hotel with free spaces. We're trying to make a reservation right now, but in case it doesn't work out, we're still interested in recommendations.

Get 40% OFF
annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » May 1st, 2007 3:40 am

karaoke rooms. and internet/manga cafes.
seriously.
they have overnight rates-- maybe 11pm- first train.

most internet cafes have private booths with reclining chairs, and a lot have showers. i was just reading an article in the paper about how lots of people who can't afford to rent an apartment live at them.

karaoke rooms have couches. (i spent many a night sleeping in the karaoke rooms with friends after missing our last trains home) not the most comfortable way to spend the night, but cheap and it'll do if you're desperate.

otherwise... love hotels. another show up late in the evening kind of thing.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » May 1st, 2007 5:38 am

If you want to sleep in a mangakissa, just look for Popeye's Media Cafe. They're the best. Free drinks, free showers, free foot massage machines, etc.

dlai
Been Around a Bit

Postby dlai » May 3rd, 2007 11:43 pm

I 2nd that recommendation on the Internet Cafes. When I was in Osaka wandering around, I stumbled upon an internet cafe near Hankyou station(sorry if I missspell it) called Double DD's. From what it look like was people passed out on couches next to a computer. Even the attendants were nice enough to throw a blanket over them.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » May 4th, 2007 3:53 am

dlai wrote:I 2nd that recommendation on the Internet Cafes. When I was in Osaka wandering around, I stumbled upon an internet cafe near Hankyou station(sorry if I missspell it) called Double DD's. From what it look like was people passed out on couches next to a computer. Even the attendants were nice enough to throw a blanket over them.

DD House is the building. Popeye's is the cafe. That's my cafe of choice.

Tom
Established Presence

Postby Tom » May 7th, 2007 3:04 pm

Well, my trip was awesome, and the capsule hotel reservation went through (though it was filed late, so we didn't get a private room). I don't remember seeing Popeye's cafe, but I sure could have used it. We were walking 24/7 to shrines. :\

visual_gaze
Been Around a Bit

Postby visual_gaze » February 2nd, 2009 5:49 am

Bueller_007 wrote:If you want to sleep in a mangakissa, just look for Popeye's Media Cafe. They're the best. Free drinks, free showers, free foot massage machines, etc.

wow i didnt know they offered that. do you know if there are any Popeye's Media Cafes in tokyo? or could you sorta tell me where to find one? it would really help me out. thanks

Return to “Visiting Japan”