Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

RANDOM MADNESS (It is what Japan does best!)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Orlaghsan
New in Town

RANDOM MADNESS (It is what Japan does best!)

Postby Orlaghsan » April 14th, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to Japan end May -early June for a couple of weeks.
I've most of the destinations sorted and am trying to sort out a couple of the more "unusual" sights I want to see...

So, in terms of capsule hotel, there's one in Akihabara (www.capsuleinn.com) that looks impressive on the web, has anyone stayed in it and is it easy to get to?
Obviously my boyfried and I are aware that we'll be on seperate floors and that it's hardly opulence, but it's a experience I couldn't pass up while in Japan.

Which leads me to ...Love Hotels. I've never laughed as much as when I heard of the Hello Kitty S&M room in the Adonis in Osaka, unfortunately I wont be going to Osaka.
At the risk of exposing your indiscretions, could anyone reccommend love hotels in tokyo or kyoto that have themed rooms? They're the utimate holiday photo opportunity... The wackier the better!

I also saw an egg vending machine on a website and was wondering do they exist and where can I find one on my travels? And are there any other weird and wacky vending machines I should keep an eye out for?

Finally... Apparently I bear more than a passing resemblance to a monchichi (yep it's not something I'm proud of, but it could be a lot worse) I'd love to find a monchichi shop and purchase a " mini-me".
I've tried googling it and came up with Sekiguchi Doll Garden but apparently it's closed and I dont know where it is. (Website completely in Japanese)
If anyone can help me with this I'll be eternally grateful...

Domo Arigato
Orlagh
Ni maith liom suibh...
I dont like jam...

dlai
Been Around a Bit

Postby dlai » April 27th, 2007 12:04 am

Most capsule hotels do not allow women. But in terms of capsule hotel experience, I had a great time at the capsule hotel in Shinjuku called the Green Plaza (Watch out, the building and signs are actually in blue) This particular one doesn't allow women, so I guess you'll have to settle for one that does. Highly recommended for male travellers with out their female companions.

Sorry, can't help you out in the Love Hotel department. There are tons of them especially in the Kabukischo area in Shinjuku. I was tempted to stay at one since it was cheaper per night than the capsule hotels there.

Get 40% OFF
JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » April 27th, 2007 3:05 am

Apparently you can get a book in the combini with all the love hotels listed. Not sure what it's called. Also I have heard that if you get there after a certain time you can stay the whole night at the "rest" rate.

I'd love to try them out but my wife does not understand - something along the lines of "why do you want to do that when we have our own house?"

In Tokyo another popular area for them is Shibuya and I pass loads on the tomei highway just outside yokohama - they even have a hotel shaped like the QE2! Not sure Cunard would be happy with that!!!

dmr214
Established Presence

Postby dmr214 » April 27th, 2007 5:17 am

In Shibuya walk up dogenzaka from the station and take a right when you get towards the koban on your right side. You'll be in love hotel paradise. My suggestion is to just walk around, every place has the rooms listed out with pictures and price in the front and you can just pick one.

Return to “Visiting Japan”