a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Catching a Game

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Eray
New in Town

Catching a Game

Postby Eray » February 18th, 2007 5:23 pm

I will be attending the World Science Fiction convention (WorldCon) in Yokohama, Japan, which runs from Aug 30th to Sept 3 of 2007. I'll also be taking a pre-con tour that will start in Osaka on Aug 22nd, and end in Tokyo the day of the convention.

While I'm in Japan, I thought it would be really neat to take in a baseball game. I've done some research into this already. Unfortunately it appears that the Japanese teams don't have the means to sell tickets to people overseas.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as how I can score some tickets? I have some options already, I'm just trying to get a complete list of what's out there before making a decision and spending some money.

By the way, my convention hotel is about a ten minute walk from the stadium where the Yokohama Bay Stars play. The schedule shows a game the night of the 31st, at 6 PM, with the Tokyo Giants. For convenience, certainly, that would be my number one target date.

With appreciation,

Erick

scotte
New in Town

Buying Baseball Tickets

Postby scotte » July 31st, 2007 6:27 am

Eray, You are right - it is not easy to buy baseball tickets when you are out of the country - not much easier when you live here either!

Try this web site....

http://www.japanball.com/tickets.htm

You can also buy tickets at many convenience stores - use the ticket kiosk at seven eleven or AM/PM. It is usually located near the front of the store and might be connected to a copy machine! You can buy cheap (1500yen) non-reserved seats in the outfield for most games. You will need to know the kanji for baseball and read katakana for most teams.

Good luck!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”