a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

My first Japanese text! ç_ç

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Frankforjapamesepod2511
New in Town

My first Japanese text! ç_ç

Postby Frankforjapamesepod2511 » July 31st, 2012 3:23 pm

こんにちは!Yesterday I had a bit much more time for Japanese, so i tried to write something in Japanese. It's just a little attempt, the thought was to write a little test using (almost) all the words and rules i learnt until now. I written it by hand, so that i improve the calligraphy as well. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to post images, so i put here the link where you can read it (hoping I don't break any rule of the forum).
What do you think about? Are there manu errors? is it understandable, at least? :P
ありがとう!
http://tinypic.com/r/15q547t/6

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » August 2nd, 2012 10:33 pm

フランコさん

You can include images in messages. You need a link to the image file, so the file needs to be on a webserver somewhere. The link you posted doesn't work for this purpose because it's passing some data to a PHP script which then tries to return a complete web page instead of just the image. But once you've got the URL for the actual file you can include the image by entering the URL in the message, highlighting it, and clicking the Img button. To demonstrate, here is your image:-

I didn't understand ツーソズム・セビス。What does it mean?

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
Frankforjapamesepod2511
New in Town

Postby Frankforjapamesepod2511 » August 3rd, 2012 1:53 pm

mmmason8967 wrote:フランコさん

You can include images in messages. You need a link to the image file, so the file needs to be on a webserver somewhere. The link you posted doesn't work for this purpose because it's passing some data to a PHP script which then tries to return a complete web page instead of just the image. But once you've got the URL for the actual file you can include the image by entering the URL in the message, highlighting it, and clicking the Img button. To demonstrate, here is your image:-

I didn't understand ツーソズム・セビス。What does it mean?

マイケル

Hi! First, thanks for the reply and the help about images. I understood, but unfortunately it doesn't allow me to do that before I post 10 messages on the forum, "to prevent spam attacks" it says. Anyways, the word was ツーリズム (calligrafic error, リ looked like ソ). Accordino to my dictionary, ツーリズム・セービス means "touristic services, tourism".

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » August 3rd, 2012 9:26 pm

Frankforjapamesepod2511 wrote:Hi! First, thanks for the reply and the help about images. I understood, but unfortunately it doesn't allow me to do that before I post 10 messages on the forum, "to prevent spam attacks" it says.

To be fair, if you've ever seen the kind of image that spammers like to post to forums and blogs, you'll understand why the site owners try to make it difficult for them.

I forgot to respond to the question in your original message. What you've written looks fine to me, although I suppose you have to take that with a pinch of salt since I'm a beginner too, and it's possible that we both make the same mistakes :(

I like the idea of using squared paper: it seems to help to make the text easier to read. I've been practising on lined paper going left-to-right, and it's not at all easy to keep the character size constant as you go along.

マイケル

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”