Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese AIM Pals

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

daskinil
New in Town

Japanese AIM Pals

Postby daskinil » November 13th, 2009 2:30 am

こんにちは みんなさん。 私は ステイブン です。初めまして。どうぞ よろしく。日本語 が すこし わかります。 日本語の勉強 は 楽しい です。

I'd like to find anyone with an AIM screen name who'd like to practice japanese with me from time to time. I'm a very busy person and forgetful as well. I have time to do the audio lessons and sometimes the lesson notes, but I would not be able to keep up with a forum conversation. Does anyone want to share screen names or exchange emails? I think it would be great if I could build up a buddy list with a group of people who have similar interests.

I am still at the newbie/beginner level. I understand hiragana and probably half katakana or less. I know probably less than 200 kanji. Although I am learning to write kanji via the Heisig method, those don't count since I don't know those in japanese.

Look forward to finding some great contacts. I'm a big fan of Japanese culture, Anime, and Music. Although I listen to very little japanese music these days. I still watch alot of anime. I'm also a computer and electrical engineer (minor in computer science), so if there's any tech geeks out there who also like japanese, make sure to look me up.

~daskinil (Steven)

yijhoon
New in Town

Postby yijhoon » November 13th, 2009 4:14 am

Hey Steven, I too have begun studying Japanese and would like practice Japanese with you. my sn is coolkid42992. Please im me asap! ^0^ (anyone else whod like to im me, please do so...BUT NO SPAMMMM lol)

Get 40% OFF
vegna451
New in Town

Postby vegna451 » November 14th, 2009 8:50 am

Hey, I'd love to try speaking Japanese over AIM, it's definitely what I need to get better. I'm not very good right now, so don't expect much.

My aim is Pinkerton819. I'm usually on, but if I don't answer you, it's not because I'm ignoring you. I usually leave my computer on when I go to work.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Japanese AIM Pals

Postby Ulver_684 » November 14th, 2009 4:01 pm

daskinil wrote:こんにちは みんなさん。 私は ステイブン です。初めまして。どうぞ よろしく。日本語 が すこし わかります。 日本語の勉強 は 楽しい です。

I'd like to find anyone with an AIM screen name who'd like to practice japanese with me from time to time. I'm a very busy person and forgetful as well. I have time to do the audio lessons and sometimes the lesson notes, but I would not be able to keep up with a forum conversation. Does anyone want to share screen names or exchange emails? I think it would be great if I could build up a buddy list with a group of people who have similar interests.

I am still at the newbie/beginner level. I understand hiragana and probably half katakana or less. I know probably less than 200 kanji. Although I am learning to write kanji via the Heisig method, those don't count since I don't know those in japanese.

Look forward to finding some great contacts. I'm a big fan of Japanese culture, Anime, and Music. Although I listen to very little japanese music these days. I still watch alot of anime. I'm also a computer and electrical engineer (minor in computer science), so if there's any tech geeks out there who also like japanese, make sure to look me up.

~daskinil (Steven)

daskinil-san! :wink:

I would also like to practice Japanese with you on AIM! Here is my screenname "EternalOkami84" anyone else is free to add me and lets practice Japanese together. :wink:

gosutag
New in Town

Postby gosutag » November 15th, 2009 12:32 am

My name is Steven to, my AIM username is gosutag

mitchell_mak
New in Town

Yeah

Postby mitchell_mak » November 15th, 2009 3:02 am

Hey,

I dont use AIM, how about MSN?

m1ck
New in Town

I'd like to practice Japanese and make friends too

Postby m1ck » December 17th, 2009 7:54 pm

Hello everyone here, this is my first reply in this forum.

I started not too long ago to learn some Japanese, I know kana and some kanji. I'm still at beginner level but I would like to advance quickly.

You can add me in AIM as: mickmurillo (yes, that's my real name: Mick Murillo)
I'm in MSN too:

I'm interested in manga, computing, nature, etc...
I'm an illustrator, graphic designer & web developer currently working as a librarian while doing some freelancing.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » December 20th, 2009 4:23 am

My AIM SN is . I use a Mac and iChat so anyone else with the same setup I'll host either a video or audio chat. Video chats are limited to 3 others and audio chats are limited to 9 others.

PC users might be able to join the audio chat, but I'm not for sure.

Cress
New in Town

Postby Cress » December 22nd, 2009 5:25 pm

Hello, fellow learners, my AIM SN is . I'd be glad to talk with you.

kanjisan1981
Been Around a Bit

AIM ?

Postby kanjisan1981 » December 23rd, 2009 7:57 pm

my ICQ is 166857776
my Skype is endrich.jung

I am beginner so far I can do only Romaji

Kanjisan1981

thebestafesta
New in Town

Postby thebestafesta » December 31st, 2009 5:17 pm

I started trying to teach myself about 6 months ago, and then got busy so i kind of stopped. I'm looking to get into it again (new years resolution maybe?)

I only ever got through a bunch of the newbie lessons. They seemed to be going a little too slow for me. My girlfriend is fluent, but she isn't a language teacher :P

I guess I have been looking for someone or preferably a group of people to go through the beginner lessons with. kind of like a class. Hopefully that would make it a little less tedious and kind of force each other to keep up if we start slacking. Maybe we can start an email group and come up with an organized plan? It seems like everyone in this topic is looking for the same thing, so maybe we can sync up and learn us some japanese.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Ricky

kanjisan1981
Been Around a Bit

@ Ricky

Postby kanjisan1981 » January 1st, 2010 9:50 am

Hi there,

I went through the first 15 lessons to listen to Japanese and read
romaji. Then I went again through it to listen and read Kana.

If we set up a method to drag along each other and have a common
progress I will be very happy. I you believe both our capability levels
match to each other, let me know how you want it organized,
I can do E-Mail, Skype, ICQ, Jabber, snail mail (?) would force to hand
write something (as idea).

Let me know what you thing.

Kanjisan1981

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 3rd, 2010 9:30 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

I want to participate let me know in all ways e-mail, snail mail, skype, etc! :D

achappell
New in Town

New to Japanese

Postby achappell » January 14th, 2010 7:01 pm

I would also like to chat with you guys, i'm pretty new though, just starting to learn some kanji.

AIM: achappell269

thebestafesta
New in Town

Postby thebestafesta » January 16th, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Kanjisan,ulver and achappel,

Sorry i kind of got sidetracked...being a grad student gets me distracted sometimes.
Alright so my email address is ricky.festa[at]gmail.com . Lets start emailing each other as this will probably make it easier to communicate than this board. Also, send me just whatever info like what lessons you guys are working on or have done, so we can take a week or so to get on the same page. then we can probably go from there. this will be good.

Also, if anyone else out there is interested, feel free to send me an email too.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

-Ricky

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”