Or sign up using Facebook

"day after tomorrow" in japanese

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

gryffindor
Been Around a Bit

"day after tomorrow" in japanese

Postby gryffindor » May 16th, 2006 4:55 pm

Hey guys,

Is "day after tomorrow" pronounced as あさつて?Why is it that after typing this into MS Word, the phrase 明後日does not appear? Has anyone got this problem too? Do I have a bug in my computer?

ecarliz
New in Town

Postby ecarliz » May 16th, 2006 5:07 pm

you're typing あさつて and it´s あさって with a small tsu. Thats why you're not getting the proper kanjis. got to be carefull with that tsu.. can be tricky sometimes. good luck

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » May 17th, 2006 4:04 am

daita wrote:you're typing あさつて and it´s あさって with a small tsu. Thats why you're not getting the proper kanjis. got to be carefull with that tsu.. can be tricky sometimes. good luck

Right.

Just to clarify, assuming you're using romaji input for your keyboard, you have to type "asatte" (the proper pronunciation). Not "asatsute". Typing double "t" automatically creates the small "tsu".

gryffindor
Been Around a Bit

Postby gryffindor » May 17th, 2006 6:53 am

Bueller_007 wrote:
daita wrote:you're typing あさつて and it´s あさって with a small tsu. Thats why you're not getting the proper kanjis. got to be carefull with that tsu.. can be tricky sometimes. good luck

Right.

Just to clarify, assuming you're using romaji input for your keyboard, you have to type "asatte" (the proper pronunciation). Not "asatsute". Typing double "t" automatically creates the small "tsu".

Thanks dude! It works now! Indeed, I'm using romaji (MS Japanese IME). This small 'tsu' inserts a pause between the two syllables doesn't it? どもありがと!

ecarliz
New in Town

Postby ecarliz » May 17th, 2006 6:26 pm

yep, its a pause.

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”