Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

I'm deaf. How will I study or get a job?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kochya0_519536
New in Town

I'm deaf. How will I study or get a job?

Postby kochya0_519536 » January 9th, 2018 1:21 pm

Konichiwa mina-san.

I'm a new member here. I love Japan when I was about 10 years old.

I know other Japanese and I can write some Japanese sentences.

I've always wanted to study animation and get a job in Japan. But I am deaf, I'm worried that no one will help me or take a note.

Will everything be fine if I'm alone to study then get a job?

Can anyone help?

Arigatou. :flower: :kokoro:

fremicourt3116
New in Town

Re: I'm deaf. How will I study or get a job?

Postby fremicourt3116 » January 31st, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi there,

Well, it is always difficult for foreigners to come to Japan. I think a lot of foreigners have a great image of Japan, and in many ways, this could be the country of your dreams (I've been living there for the past few years) but there's also a lot of problems to solve, and one of them is that the country remains relatively closed.

Therefore, I guess being deaf might be an other problem and I guess also that you don't know the Japanese sign language either?

However, I have a Japanese friend who happens to be deaf, so I'll ask him if he can give you some advices.

Get 40% OFF
fremicourt3116
New in Town

Postby fremicourt3116 » February 2nd, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello there,

So I talked with my friend who told me that he's never heard of animation school devoted for deaf people. Therefore, you should maybe first learn Japanese. There are maybe some schools which teach in English but once again, they probably don't have any special policy toward deaf people.

Sorry, I can't be of much help.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 13th, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi ,

Thank you for the comment and sorry for our late reply.

Like fremicourt3116 has said, learning the Japanese sign language will be huge help, but it will be challenging for sure. Keep studying Japanese is a good thing. Without any support system, learning new thing in Japan will be very difficult. Also, generally speaking, it's very hard for foreigners to land on good jobs in Japan without speaking the language at near native level. (English tutor is an exception.)

I'm sorry I can't be much of help. You might have a better luck with doing Google search with key words like 'support for deaf in Japan.' I hope you will be able to connect to the people in the similar situation.

Sincerely,
Miki H
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”