Or sign up using Facebook

My plan for moving to Japan~ Please Review

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

KEN_nihonemade
New in Town

My plan for moving to Japan~ Please Review

Postby KEN_nihonemade » April 9th, 2017 3:12 am

皆さん、よろしく~

Last year I received a master's degree in electrical engineering. I made the decision shortly after that I want to live and work in Japan, because I love the culture and the sentiment of the Japanese people.

Since then I've been studying Japanese, and formulating a plan! I figured I could gain work experience here in the US while studying until I feel relatively fluent. Then I can fly to Japan and interview to prospective companies. If they decided to hire me, I would just ask for enough time to give my current job notice, and to make travel and lodging arrangements. Having a technical job in Japan, the new employer could then apply for my working resident status (which is what's needed for extended work stay, as far as I know). Then it's just a matter of fulfilling the requirements to become a permanent citizen!

What do you guys think? Any possible struggles I didn't consider? I have an engineering job here in the US right now, and it's in the medical sector. I think that should be in relatively high demand in Japan, ね?

Any help is appreciated! どうもありがとう、よろしくお願いします~

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: My plan for moving to Japan~ Please Review

Postby community.japanese » May 9th, 2017 1:50 am

KEN_nihonemade san,
Konnichiwa.
Japan has been suffering from workers’ shortage in any fields so I think you should have a chance to work in Japan.
がんばってください。 :)
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”