Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

short term stay needed in Shiga, anyone ideas or tips?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

petra3498
New in Town

short term stay needed in Shiga, anyone ideas or tips?

Postby petra3498 » August 4th, 2011 8:12 am

Hey everyone!

Here's the situation, coming fall semester (september 15th) I'll be going to Japan (yaay!!).
I've been accepted to the SKP program of Ritsumeikan University (Shiga) and well, I'm going there.
Since I'm a selfpaying student, at first I was not eligible for a room in the dormitory, but a little while ago, I received notice that they had an extra room available so lucky me. However, due to miscommunication over there, no room for me. :(

I'm quite lost now and seem to be unable to come up with a solution. I need a place to stay for the first weeks or so, so I have time to find an apartment through the on-campus housing cooperation (or whatever they call it) because then the university will be my guarantor. I'm afraid I have to wait with my house search untill I actually get in Japan. But where on earth am I gonna live??

So has anyone got any ideas, recommendations or anything that can be usefull to me? Off course, I'll do my best to get the university to help me as well. ;) Only thing to be taken into account is that my budget is limited, like really, really limited. (than why on earth go to the ever cheap japan? I know, I know, but the more money I save on housing, the more I can spend on fun things over there!!)

Mina-san, thank you for reading and even more if you leave me a usefull reply. :D

Petra

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » August 4th, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Petra,
That's what I was going to suggest - having the university help you out since i'm sure they would have the best information. I would ask about possible guesthouses/hostels in the area, since I'm thinking that would be one of your cheapest options. You could stay there as long as it takes to find an actual apartment. Best of luck! :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”