a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Need to seriously learn Japanese while I'm in Tokyo

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

cloneofsnake
New in Town

Need to seriously learn Japanese while I'm in Tokyo

Postby cloneofsnake » January 17th, 2010 2:46 pm

So I listened to JPod101 religiously for 1.5 years (from 2006 - 2007) and partly thanks to it, I'm now living and working in Tokyo!

However, my Japanese still sucks! I'm lucky to have met the founder of the company I work at now while I was in NY. At work, I am having trouble communicating effectively with my colleagues.

I really need to get back into studying Japanese!

So, I just began looking for Japanese language schools in Tokyo, however, I am so fond of JPod101, I would much rather give JPod101 my money rather than the old style schools out there!

I am thinking, wouldn't it be nice if there're some Japanese in Tokyo who can meet up with me 2 or 3 times a week, and we go over JPod lessons? It seems that JPod has also grown so huge since last I listened to it, for a while its website seems to be really sluggish, but now it seems it has improved.

Best would be some sort of official JPod partners offering such services... perhaps users sign up at JPod through a partner / affiliate... and he/she gets a cut as commission, and so the additional fee he/she charges the students can be lower... etc etc.

I should come by and visit the crew sometime... I've been here since August but have just been knee deep in work. I would love to re-connect with JPod101 again!

jhalton
Been Around a Bit

Postby jhalton » January 20th, 2010 2:34 am

try posting this question on englishpod101.com

what do you do in tokyo?

Get 40% OFF
untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » March 24th, 2010 1:40 pm

I like the idea of meeting and going over Jpod lessons, but I must admit that I haven't been keeping up with them like I should. Have you found anyone yet?

I've been using the Minna books to try to get a handle on a structured study plan.

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”