a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Summer Japanese language immersion for kids

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

robertmrand
New in Town

Summer Japanese language immersion for kids

Postby robertmrand » March 4th, 2009 7:08 am

I've got a couple of elementary school aged children, and we plan on spending part of the summer in Japan. The kids speak only rudimentary Japanese, so I'm looking for a Japanese language immersion program my kids can participate in. Can be anywhere in Japan. Any ideas?

gerald_ford
Expert on Something

Re: Summer Japanese language immersion for kids

Postby gerald_ford » March 4th, 2009 11:20 am

robertmrand wrote:I've got a couple of elementary school aged children, and we plan on spending part of the summer in Japan. The kids speak only rudimentary Japanese, so I'm looking for a Japanese language immersion program my kids can participate in. Can be anywhere in Japan. Any ideas?

Japan has lots of resources for kids, especially compared to the West, but I don't know about immersion classes. I do know that you probably could register them with any local playschool or some such depending on their age. If they're young, they'll pick it up surprisingly fast.
--Gerald Ford: Pirate-Viking-Monk in training.

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/

Get 40% OFF
gabriela
New in Town

Re: Summer Japanese language immersion for kids

Postby gabriela » May 20th, 2009 8:58 am

robertmrand wrote:I've got a couple of elementary school aged children, and we plan on spending part of the summer in Japan. The kids speak only rudimentary Japanese, so I'm looking for a Japanese language immersion program my kids can participate in. Can be anywhere in Japan. Any ideas?

If you haven't already chosen a course I can recommend educating yourself through the first hand experience of students at MyLanguageTravel, which is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what's great and not so great about your English language immersion and your study abroad program.That's who I went through too. They reduced the lengthy comments I left to one sentence.

I attended a four week program in Paris. But before that I had a wonderful time experience and learning more about the courses through MyLanguageTravel. While I did this by myself, there were also fellow students from all over the world that came as friends or couples.

There are a lot of language schools out there, and it is hard to sort through the good and the bad. If you have a short time like two weeks, and want a language vacation, it is probably worth it to go through a reputable company.

Best of luck.

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”