scholarships/graduate studies

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

KikoSoujirou
New in Town

scholarships/graduate studies

Postby KikoSoujirou » October 21st, 2008 9:29 pm

はじめました
あの。。もし誰か良い奨学金サイトといい大学院 教えてくれないかい?
私今アメリカ大学で文化人類学を勉強するんですけど卒業したら ちょっと日本で大学院続けたいと思いますが何の大学院がいいわかりません  :?  私言語とか文化人類学ぐらい専門やって見たい 誰かおすすめありますか?
Hello, I'm currently a 3rd year student in an American university studying anthropology but I was thinking about going to Japan to continue my studies into graduate school. Does anyone have any suggestions on what universities are good for anthropology or linguistic graduate studies? or also a website that lists the various scholarships available to foreign graduate school applicants? I have spent 2 years studying abroad in Japan but I'm not sure my Japanese level is quite high enough yet so also a question for how the entrance tests are for graduate schools, has anyone had any experience with this? I had heard that Hosei University would be good?

Thank you. どうもありがとうごさいます ^-^

KikoSoujirou

KikoSoujirou
New in Town

Postby KikoSoujirou » November 18th, 2008 2:09 am

nobody has any suggestions?? :cry:

Get 40% OFF
Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » November 18th, 2008 11:19 am

I'm afraid I don't, but I was speaking to an acquaintance last month who had been on a MEXT scholarship, and suggested that I apply. You could try googling that to see if it turns up any more information?

KikoSoujirou
New in Town

Postby KikoSoujirou » May 14th, 2009 7:12 am

just a bump I guess. i have read the other post about the technical university in tokyo but I'm actually considering applying to Hosei university. While Hosei sounds a little out of my league, I actually have a few people behind me pushing saying that I really do have a chance to get in. Can anyone perhaps provide some information on the graduate school application process for Americans? I know scholarships are out of the question until I get accetpted but what about taking out a loan? Can foreigners take out a student loan through the university? I thought I read something about it somewhere.. Also, the correct times for applying?
I passed the 3 kyu proficency test a year or so ago and I'm going to shoot for 2 kyu this winter but I was hoping to apply and get into grad school ...well the best time would be fall or summer of 2010 but I think maybe their semester starts in april...anyway, my point is that my Japanese is no where NEAR graduate school level so.......any thoughts? I'm going to be in Japan for about 10 days this summer and was thinking about stopping by a couple schools and maybe making appointments, I was curious if it would seem bad to do this though since my Japanese isn't at a high enough level yet and perhaps this would make it look like I'm not really serious or I'm looking down on their school..

Input/help/opinions please!!!!!!

side note. I'm still thinking about going into linguistics but I think global or international studies/japanese culture would be easier to get into. I'm looking at Hosei university and Daito Bunka-I spent 2 years abroad there for exchange but I would like to know some other good school posibilities.

Thank you!

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”