a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

I was a teacher in China for 3 years and moving to Japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

green
New in Town

I was a teacher in China for 3 years and moving to Japan

Postby green » August 28th, 2007 12:56 pm

I am a Ghanaian and have been teaching in China for the past 3 years. I will be moving to Japan to find a teaching job. I just had my japanese tourist visa now. But holds a work visa in China. My question is, do anyone know if it is likely for me to get a teaching job since I am not from the US,Uk or other. I have a lot of things to prove my experience. And also if I am lucky to get a company to work in, will it be possible for them to process my work visa for me? I hope to move in October, will that be a disadvantage? And the last question is it possible to find someone to share a room with before I settle finally?
Thank for your time. you guys out there are really doing a great job.
[/b]

Elfunko
Expert on Something

Postby Elfunko » August 31st, 2007 9:35 am

I suggest checking up on some other websites:

gaijinpot.com - Lots of varied info

JET Forums: (JET Program people, but maybe useful)
bigdaikon.com
ithinkimlost.com

If those urls arent correct try google. The last two I got from a friend and wrote on paper, still haven't looked myself.

Get 40% OFF
JonB
Expert on Something

you need a degree or...

Postby JonB » September 3rd, 2007 9:43 am

you generally need a degree or 10 years proven work experience in your field to get a work permit. Bizarre thing is that it does not seem to matter what the degree was!!

And if you do have 10 years experience you still have to provide the degree certificate :roll:

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » September 3rd, 2007 10:35 am

Also, most people are looking for native English speakers. Preferably white native English speakers. The few Filipinas I know who have gotten work teaching English here are making about half what the average American makes.

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”