a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Tagaini Jisho on linux netbooks

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rshiplett
Established Presence

Tagaini Jisho on linux netbooks

Postby rshiplett » February 24th, 2013 2:16 pm

If you find that the main window has no vertical scrollbar on a small ecreen device, I have posted a tip at my kanji blog : http://kanjirecog.blogspot.ca/2013/02/tagaini-jisho-scroll.html.

The solution is tested on an Ubuntu Gnome build : Precise Puppy linux 5.4.3 for x86 32-bit.

That X wm (JWM) has a "maximize-Y" option when you right-click in the top of the window frame ( I have my windows show their frame.)

I could not find another solution to view all of the kanji expressions on the main window ... but once done, I have JWM remember window coordinates, so the fix "sticks" thereafter.

If you have an old netbook, running tiny Precise Puppy in RAM gives you a fast Nihongo kanji e-dict device.

I load from a SanDisk FAST 32X Class 10 16G SD chip - so save my old SSD HD the wear and tear of writes.

With wi-fi off, battery endurance is good, too.

My Curl blog explains how to run my other kanji app's on a netbook with Puppy - also just great for learning JOYO kanji.

I am using a EeePC 900 Atom netbook without MS Windows.

I also boot Puppy "live" from a DVD on my 64-bit PC to run in RAM and write to the DVD.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Tagaini Jisho on linux netbooks

Postby community.japanese » February 25th, 2013 12:24 pm

rshiplett-san,
thank you very much for sharing it with us! :D

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”