a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

after japanesepod?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

yuriythebest1720
Been Around a Bit

after japanesepod?

Postby yuriythebest1720 » February 11th, 2011 10:10 pm

Right, I've made a similar post before- Japanesepod is EPIC! (pimsleur takes you only about as far as the newbie series).
BUT- where does one go after listening to all the japanesepod content (except of course for patiently waiting for new content, that is).
Currently the only advice I've received is "Watch a lot of Japanese tv/anime "- but it seems there is still a proficiency cliff in between- is there an audio podcast/series like japanesepod that focuses on the advanced stuff?

j_bertoni2279
Established Presence

Postby j_bertoni2279 » February 13th, 2011 12:11 am

You might be able to find some audiobooks, too. I did that for the first two Harry Potter novels. That way I have voice and the written form.

Get 40% OFF
yuriythebest1720
Been Around a Bit

Postby yuriythebest1720 » February 13th, 2011 1:54 pm

cool? do you know of any good ones? Also if there are versions where at first the sentence is read in japanese then english that'd be epic!

j_bertoni2279
Established Presence

Postby j_bertoni2279 » February 13th, 2011 10:00 pm

I've only just started looking on this approach, so I just bought the two Harry Potter books so far. Since I'm at a low level, they seemed a good place to start.

Yolan
Been Around a Bit

Postby Yolan » February 28th, 2011 7:26 am

www.ajatt.com

Go to the table of contents, and read away.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » February 28th, 2011 4:53 pm

Take a large pinch of salt with you when visiting that site. You'll find this forum useful http://forum.koohii.com/index.php

Yolan
Been Around a Bit

Postby Yolan » March 1st, 2011 1:43 am

Javizy wrote:Take a large pinch of salt with you when visiting that site.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat, but I don't think there's anything dubious/suspicious about taking immersion seriously/using an SRS/making use of Heisig, etc. I only wish I had found that site earlier than I did, it would have saved me a lot of wasted time.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » March 1st, 2011 2:29 pm

Yolan wrote:I don't think there's anything dubious/suspicious about taking immersion seriously/using an SRS/making use of Heisig, etc

As far as I'm concerned, they're all essential to study Japanese effectively. You don't need to read through tens of thousand-word long inarticulate rants laced with unsubstantiated "facts" and enough obnoxiousness to last a lifetime to discover those three terms though. In fact, by avoiding that crap you won't be brainwashed into using a crappy sentence card model and avoiding grammar references and whatever else that guy doesn't happen to like. Like you say though, it's there, so make use of it is it's all new to you, since you can learn something from it even if the guy has absolutely nothing to do with creating any of the things he promotes, but I still recommend the pinch of salt.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”